The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MDF: (M1) Washington Capitals vs. (M2) Pittsburgh Penguins | Capitals win series 4-2

2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Capitals in 4
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7
    • Penguins in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/2018 at 07:00 PM

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to MDF: (M1) Washington Capitals vs. (M2) Pittsburgh Penguins | Capitals win series 4-2
5 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

For the first time since 2008, there will be a new Stanley Cup champion (aside from the Pens, Blackhawks, Kings and Bruins.). 

4 of the 5 teams left in have never won the cup before, pretty exciting stuff.

6 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

A depleted line-up with no number one goalie versus a stacked defending championship team. 

Holtby isn't a #1? I'd take him over Murray all day. The Penguins are not all that stacked when you look at their D depth. Caps definitely lost key pieces in this series, but the team also finished ahead of Pitt in the standings and had home ice advantage. I wouldn't consider them an underdog in any way other than in terms of betting lines. 

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

Holtby isn't a #1? I'd take him over Murray all day. The Penguins are not all that stacked when you look at their D depth. Caps definitely lost key pieces in this series, but the team also finished ahead of Pitt in the standings and had home ice advantage. I wouldn't consider them an underdog in any way other than in terms of betting lines. 

Before playoffs began Grubauer had taken over the #1 spot from Holtby. A healthy and complete Capitals forward group is still outclassed by the Penguins forward group. Djoos and Kempny had little to zero playoff experience. On top of that, the Penguins have been beating the Capitals down for years now. 

14 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Before playoffs began Grubauer had taken over the #1 spot from Holtby. A healthy and complete Capitals forward group is still outclassed by the Penguins forward group. Djoos and Kempny had little to zero playoff experience. On top of that, the Penguins have been beating the Capitals down for years now. 

Clearly the Capitals outclassed the Penguins. 

20 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

That doesn't make the Caps underdogs, it could also mean that the Caps repeatedly choked in the playoffs. 

50 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

We have 16 winners who correctly predicted the outcome of this series:

@Coconuts

@Rush17

@Alflives

@canuck73_3

@JV77

@zombieksa

@Pears

@mll

@cbdoubleu

@gerry35

@MikeyBoy44

@oldnews

@zapperman

@SwissCanucks

@jatylo

@Crimson-JH

Congrats!

6 minutes ago, JV77 said:

Yay finally!

Haha me too. My first prediction to end in the right number of games. Glad for ovi I'm sure he was elated to finally pass Sid and the Penguins.

Archived