The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Elias Pettersson to sign with Canucks after IIHF World Championships

1 minute ago, Salter said:

Rumour is that his GM in Sweden wants him to stay. That’s where all of this started. At least that’s my understanding of it. 

Who wouldn't want him to stay?  Was a ridiculous rumour to begin with.  Can't wait to see him excel over here.  Knowing CDC, some geniuses will label him a bust during his first slump though.

Our media is just toxic.

2 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

what do you all figure

he'll need about a year to totally dominate this league as well ?

i sure hope we get to paint him gold too if he does :P

Hopefully we can paint him silver within the next decade :P

34 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Part of me wishes they'd put off signing - it's somewhat entertaining watching ppl around CDC lose their minds over things like that.  Otoh, we won't have to have ppl lose their minds over things like this signing if they get it done. 

I'm sure something else will come up for people to lose their minds over.  Don't worry.

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm sure something else will come up for people to lose their minds over.  Don't worry.

Oh, for sure.   Obviously.   As soon as Benning announces Vancouver's pick and it isn't one of the many assumed to be the "CDC consensus", minds will be lost because (apparently), people on an internet forum can judge 18 year olds and their projection as professionals between 22/23 and beyond better than a professional scouting crew.    Obviously.   :lol:

2 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Oh, for sure.   Obviously.   As soon as Benning announces Vancouver's pick and it isn't one of the many assumed to be the "CDC consensus", minds will be lost because (apparently), people on an internet forum can judge 18 year olds and their projection as professionals between 22/23 and beyond better than a professional scouting crew.    Obviously.   :lol:

What!  You mean Tate Olson isnt going to miraculously rise through our ranks and become a solid #5 defenseman like people predicted?  

Just now, Fanuck said:

What!  You mean Tate Olson isnt going to miraculously rise through our ranks and become a solid #5 defenseman like people predicted?  

Well, one of the Olson sisters is bound to at some point.   Patience!   

1.  Ryan Henderson Retweeted

We are hearing rumblings that #Canucks super prospect Elias Pettersson may spend another year in Sweden with Vaxjo where he won a championship and MVP honours this season. We'll discuss off the top of our show at 3 pm, hear from Swedish hockey insider @MikeZanier

51 replies18 retweets22 likes

29 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I remember my first reaction to the  Pettersson pick.  It was a hot day, I was sitting parked in my car waiting for the Canucks to pick.  Normally my reaction is either "Yeah, I can get behind that pick" or "Hmmm, not sure what they see here".  With Pettersson I didn't think "great pick!" or "terrible pick!", I just chuckled to myself and thought "man, Benning sure knows how to pick the guy that will cause people to debate the longest".  I guess I was wrong because with the season that Pettersson has had, it would be tough to debate a better pick at 5.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

1040 is a Station of fear mongers.  They are all negative on the Canucks.  

I agree they have some clowns on 1040 now.....rate 7

Pratt with his team = okay 6-9am rate --4.5

clown Team from 9 - noon

Taylor noon to 3 okay.. rate 7

clowns 3pm - 6 == rate 5

Listen to 650 sportsnet,  very good station ... 10am  Seth and then at noon its Canuck lunch 

Rintoul and his team = 

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

But but... Ray Ferraro...

Lock this kid up and get him over here.  Europe has been vanquished, there's a new continent to be conquered.  The rebuild presses on, with the biggest transition year to date.  Bring on the kidz.

I'd be surprised if this wasn't management's thought either. This team could really use him. :lol:

Archived