The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kid keys cars. It doesn’t end well.

Sean Monahan

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/tribunist.com/news/kid-caught-keying-cars-attacks-the-man-who-stopped-him-it-doesnt-end-well/amp/

The details for this video are still coming to light. The actual events that preceded this are still uncertain, as is the relationship between the child and the adults in the video. What is on the video is clear, though. The kid has some serious issues. The man who ultimately takes him down displays what many are calling an admirable patience.

Here’s the full video. WARNING: NSFW LANGUAGE.

I’d place it in a spoiler if I knew how on mobile 

https://streamable.com/4e3qh

Some people are praising the man for the way he handled things while others criticize him for laying a hand on a child. Thoughts?

I'm not sure what my thoughts are. I don't like how he handled the kid physically, but at the same time, the kid was outright attacking him. I think it could be argued as self-defense at that point. He threw the kid to the ground and didn't do anything more; just what was needed. I'm sure he wasn't seriously injured.

The kid was punching him and just overall being a little $&!# (based on the streamable video). The video doesn't show him keying the cars but it doesn't surprise me. Then there's his language and overall disregard for adult authority. 

Not saying that grabbing him and shoving him down was the best route to go but that kid is a little $&!# stain.

Ya i am quite indifferent on this situation. Although based on the video i felt a tinge of joy when the guy pushed him down, i dont think it was the most perfect way to handle it. But in that situation he did the bare minimum of physical damage.

This kid for sure does need help. This is probably a cry out for help considering he seems like a young kid who's parent(s) use the X-Box as his nanny. 
Answering why he swears a lot.

Woooow, that kid really was hoping for his fifteen minutes wasnt he, what could that guy do in that situation? The kid was doing everything in his power to stop the guy and hoping he got decked, kudos to the adult for holding out so long and only giving him a decent shove. 

He should have beat his ass much worse than a simple push down. 

This is what's missing in my generation. I got my ass beat growing up if I was disrespectful and I think that's something many kids of this generation are lacking. 

PS I'm a 90's baby. 

If I was that boy's father, you know what I would have done after seeing all that?

I would totally walk up to that older guy's face.... pull out my hands..... and reach out for a handshake plus inviting him for a beer.  

I'm not a fan of corporal punishment.... but this is probably one of the exceptions where some forceful discipline may be required in raising the boy.  

Unbelievable, some of the worst parenting I've ever seen. This little - stain needs to learn some respect. If he grew up in my household or any of my friend's household, he would've been beaten to the ground. Kid deserved way more than a shove. I really hope somewhere down the line, someone gives him a real wakeup call. Can't believe the type of language that came out of his mouth either. 

5 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

He should have beat his ass much worse than a simple push down. 

This is what's missing in my generation. I got my ass beat growing up if I was disrespectful and I think that's something many kids of this generation are lacking. 

PS I'm a 90's baby. 

Now it's let's go get you an iPad for being a little ****

25 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

BRB getting a vasectomy

No need for this. Just be a good parent; which isn't easy but this kid is lacking in respect and it's something parents need to teach their kids. My wife runs a dayhome and kids are disrespectful beyond belief and it seems like their parents are incapable or lack the skills to teach their kids anything.

15 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Does the kid live in a state with no background checks for buying guns? just thinking ahead. 

I think the man in the video was wearing Alabama football clothing so maybe it was in Alabama. Could explain the kid, maybe he’s inbred. 

That kid is something else. His behaviour is so extreme that part of me wonders if there’s some sort of mental illness or diagnosable issues there. He physically challenged a grown man as a chubby 12ish year old. You’d have to have a screw loose or be so truly detached from reality as a result of terrible parenting to think that one is going to end well. 

What I’m curious to know is where are his parents and what have they done with him in his life for him to end up like this?

Archived