The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bruins among teams interested in Canucks 7th OA

Rush17

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

True, but Chia Pet is now running the Oilers.  If Brady Tkachuk falls to #7, I can see the Oilers making a big push to trade picks with us, so they can get BT.  BT would be an ideal winger for McDavid.

BT vs MT in the battle of Alberta. The hockey gods are getting mischievous. 

1 hour ago, rekker said:

Agreed. Let's trade for Marchand, trade for Lucic, trade for Tom Wilson. Lol. Man we would be even more hated. Lol. 

Actually, the conversation probably went something like this:

Don Sweeney: "Hey Jimbo, I heard that you're peddling the 7th. For old times' sakes, what discount can you give your previous employer?"

Jim Benning: "McA..."
(Sweeney hangs up)

44 minutes ago, kloubek said:

7th for Charlie McAvoy?  I'd do that.  He's already developed and can help out right away, and he has potential to be that #1.

Maybe trade Sutter for Backes as well as a bit of a cap dump for them, and maybe throw in our 2nd and get Donato back as well as part of that.

sure but they don't. 

Not all that interested - here's a list of their prospects, I don't see anyone I'd trade 1-1 from who's going to be available to us at 7: https://www.masslive.com/bruins/index.ssf/2018/02/boston_bruins_top_10_prospects_ryan_donato_highlights_deep_pipeline_ahead_of_nhl_trade_deadline.html

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

sure but they don't. 

Not all that interested - here's a list of their prospects, I don't see anyone I'd trade 1-1 from who's going to be available to us at 7: https://www.masslive.com/bruins/index.ssf/2018/02/boston_bruins_top_10_prospects_ryan_donato_highlights_deep_pipeline_ahead_of_nhl_trade_deadline.html

Donato, Carlo and a 2nd. Is it asking too much? Maybe. Would take it and run though.

Only two players on their team worth including the 7th in a deal for are Pastrnak and McAvoy. Which are two players Boston won’t move. I think we should just use the pick. All this trading the 7th for guys like Hanifin make our team marginally better. Which probably just puts us in a top 10 pick next year instead of a top 5. Stick to the process it isn’t our time to make these trades.

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Donato Carlo next years 1st 

Any trade without a top tier pick and or prospect coming back immediately will be for next year's draft in Vancouver 

Two good young players and an outside chance at a good pick? I’d do that. 

23 minutes ago, Pepe Silvia said:

Donato, Carlo and a 2nd. Is it asking too much? Maybe. Would take it and run though.

honestly I don't think thats enough. Carlo doesn't bring offence, we need defensemen with offence. Donato is really unproven. 

14 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Donato Carlo next years 1st 

Any trade without a top tier pick and or prospect coming back immediately will be for next year's draft in Vancouver 

dropping 15-20 spots for an unproven F prospect and non-scroing d when we need offensive defensemen? I don't get it. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

dropping 15-20 spots for an unproven F prospect when we need defensemen? I don't get it. 

The kid posted 5-4-9 in 12 games right out of college this year. We’d also be getting a good young defenseman as well and an extra 1st next year when we host the draft. 

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

The kid posted 5-4-9 in 12 games right out of college this year. We’d also be getting a good young defenseman as well and an extra 1st next year when we host the draft. 

His college numbers are OK. Is he going to outscore Baer next season? We already have prospects for 5-6 D spots, thats all Carlo is going to be. 

In terms of potential elite talent, which we desperately need, neither of these guys projects to be that. Of course our #7 could turn into a bust, but we have a better chance at a 1/2 D or top line F than we do in this trade, imo anyway. 

1 hour ago, VanGnome said:

I'm fine with trading the 7OA pick if it means improving the team. We don't need prospects that are going to be an impact in 2-3 years, we need players that improve the skill of the team and can play now.

The team has enough immediate future depth, right now the need is to improve and get out of the basement. The rebuild is done, now we just have to be patient with the new core, tweak here and there and we'll be good.

This could be the approach we need. Eventually we need to try and lift ourselves out of the basement. If we got multiple first round assets back I'm.on board. Say two former first round picks who have promising NHL upside and a really good roster player.

I can support a package with high quality assets that may be under valued. Only if Jim believes in them and their 21 or under. (Minus roster piece)

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Unless it's a package bringing back McAvvoy, I'm not interested.

right, so non-starter. 

I do like that Jim seems to be whipping up trade buzz though. He might get teams looking at other pieces and suggest smaller deals. 

Archived