The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Antoine Roussel | #26 | LW

-SN-

On 11/18/2018 at 4:37 PM, -AJ- said:

Roussel is producing at almost a top 6 rate so far. He's being everything I hoped he would be.

He's doing well.

He's doing so well I had a crazy thought. What if he could become the Burrows to Pettersson and Boeser?

I've liked Leivo, but it seems he might be a half-step behind and perhaps doesn't play as big as his frame.

Roussel on the other hand could scrap out some extra room and maybe even get some greasy Burrows points while keeping the other team honest.

Which would Leivo free to play with Horvat and Virtanen...

On 12/17/2018 at 7:40 AM, Where'd Luongo? said:

I would like to see Roussel hit the net more. He had a bunch of opportunities yesterday and kept ripping it wide every shot.

Roussel is having his best season ever with 15 pts in 32 games so far.  If he can stay healthy, he will easily beat his previous years totals.  It would be awesome to see him put up 10-12 goals this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Roussel is having his best season ever with 15 pts in 32 games so far.  If he can stay healthy, he will easily beat his previous years totals.  It would be awesome to see him put up 10-12 goals this season.

My post was after the Edmonton game where he had some amazing opportunities, good on him for being quick on the rush and in the right spot. I loved his game that game, but he missed the net on every shot he took unfortunately. He will get a lot of goals this year if he can stay with Bo. His shooting percentage is very low for his career average, he needs to get in the groove!

On 12/20/2018 at 11:00 AM, Where'd Luongo? said:

My post was after the Edmonton game where he had some amazing opportunities, good on him for being quick on the rush and in the right spot. I loved his game that game, but he missed the net on every shot he took unfortunately. He will get a lot of goals this year if he can stay with Bo. His shooting percentage is very low for his career average, he needs to get in the groove!

Good point, Lou.  He's in very new territory this year, so it will be interesting to see how he adapts to the change in his game.  Hopefully we will see more Burr like comparisons.

• -SN- changed the title to Antoine Roussel | #26 | LW
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, rekker said:

Last game Marky was getting continually run by forwards. One goof, I forget his name, was on the ice after the whistle with Roussell on top of him. Roussell had his stick on the kids neck with all his weight on it all the while trash talking the goof. That was the hilite of the game for me and a tip of the hat to AR. It's a dirty job but someone has to do it. Home run signing by JB. 

Gotta agree with that, he'll think twice before doing that again hopefully and he'll remember #26. No penalty either ;-)

• Cheers 1

On 1/21/2019 at 4:44 AM, coryberg said:

Look who is leading the NHL bad boy club, steady stirring the pot! He is on pace for 35 points and 179 PIMs over a full 82 game season. 

Screenshot_20190121-012900_Chrome.jpg

Honestly I only think about half his PIM have been deserved this year.  There has been tons upon tons of calls against him that shouldn't have been called just because of reputation.  I remember many specifically, but really the main one I remember was the double minor high sticking penalty where it was actually the Pen's teammate who stuck the guy in the face, not Roussel.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Honestly I only think about half his PIM have been deserved this year.  There has been tons upon tons of calls against him that shouldn't have been called just because of reputation.  I remember many specifically, but really the main one I remember was the double minor high sticking penalty where it was actually the Pen's teammate who stuck the guy in the face, not Roussel.

Absolutely. Plus at least one instigator call that was BS as well. 

Antoine Roussel on Sportsnet 650:

"I expected Vancouver to be a working team, I talked to Travis before signing, and when I heard him talk so passionately about this team and his guys, I wanted to be a part of it."

On FA discussions: "We talked about Pettersson and they said they weren't sure yet where he would be. I said 'well I hope he's here, have you seen the highlights?'"

• Upvote 1

Roussel has been a low key underrated player for us. I love the game he brings. He's like a 5'11 powerforward with hustle. People around here are recognizing his talent more and more, but around the league, not so much. 

This was a good signing.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2