The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who goes on Pettersson's line to protect him?

*Buzzsaw*

7 minutes ago, Big Kahuna said:

I agree with Pickly to a point...the team DOES NOT have that mentality, otherwise SOMEONE would have had a "chat" with Matheson on his next shift...

There is no better time in create that type of team mentality than now when a captaincy is up for audition. Not only that but not having any sort of pushback after incidents like this will kill the Canucks in the future when they are a playoff team and the games get rough. It made me puke years ago when Ferland single handedly altered momentum in games with his physicality and there was zero response until it was too little too late.

While I think LE has played better this season he has what 2 shots so far this season on the Pettersson line.  

Jake is the only real other option on the team and may be the better option.  Kind of like what he has been doing on third line.

Problem is for LE to continue to look decent he needs some people driving the play on Offence and Sutter isn't that guy. 

Roussel is more left as said above and if anything if he is capable of playing up on top two lines it probably is on Horvat's wing. 

Not a great start to Canuck's career with two penalties to start the game last night but made up for it somewhat with the goal. 

Gaudette coming up to replace Beagle.  Not sure who is going to step into EPs spot if he is out for a few, Granlund maybe?  Meh.

i think overall team toughness has been improved and is fine this season

would be nice if roussell was in peak condition and 100% healthy, but he will get there really soon now

i do think the team and players need to discuss and review how they will proactively protect ep40 going forward

what the team does not need is a silly bertuzzi type response

the nhl is tough, stuff happens, although the handling of ep40 was offside

it's unlikely there was a plan/intention to injure him, more just to rile him up a bit and get in his head

From the gist of the conversation here I take it that the mob wants to gather at the next florida at nuck game with pitchforks and torches and burn the place down if the nucks don't dummy the appropiate number of panthers to exact retribution satisfactorily. 

The mob that rules this thread says an eye for an eye .

Am I wrong ?

5 minutes ago, Old school nuck said:

From the gist of the conversation here I take it that the mob wants to gather at the next florida at nuck game with pitchforks and torches and burn the place down if the nucks don't dummy the appropiate number of panthers to exact retribution satisfactorily. 

The mob that rules this thread says an eye for an eye .

Am I wrong ?

Sounds pretty much on the mark to me

13 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

So, what do you think the Jets would be asking for Lemieux? 

regards, G.

Hard to say really, they could use an upgrade on their 3rd pair D maybe? If Edler would waive and we retain Lemieux could be a piece coming back?

Would love to say Granny and Hutton would do the job, but I dont think they would take that offer. Even tho Lemieux hasnt proven himself yet in the NHL he has a skillset many want and is on his ELC contract which he can still go to the A without needing waivers

11 hours ago, canucksnihilist said:

1. Jake.   Only current option available.  Need a big body.  Also It will encourage jake to take on more of a leadership role.  He isn’t a babysitter but protecting your line mates is something u can really do only if you are on the ice at the same time

2. Tryamkin.  Please come back!  Not only for protection but as a character guy he would not let teammates be pushed around.  

3. Lucic - he is probably available????  Or Just get an established goon and who cares if he doesn’t score?.  I thought these new FAs were supposed to be tough?  Bah.  I’d rather have a dwindling Overpaid Lucic - who would actually be a really good fit for EP (but who wouldn’t? Haha).  

4. Get a tough young SOB somehow - I can’t imagine EPs line being a liability no matter who he plays with.

problem here is we can’t wait.   So shotgun jake it is?  If that works it is the best option as well as the only one we currently have

<------ Best GOON out there :P Dave the hammer schultz :P good ole days ....we will never see that kind of hockey ever again :( ...as for finding a goon, there extinct , onlything that will protect EP is the ref's and u can see how good they can be lol :rolleyes:

14 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Ok, I'll do it.

Gotta warn you though, I'm gonna be a liability out there. I'm terrible at back checking and hella slow.

Based on your verbage I'd say you're over 30, so maybe you can povide some solid veteran leadership? :lol:

Archived