The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Henrik Sedin on SN650

AlwaysACanuckFan

That's awesome, I love hearing the insight of one of our beloved twins in regards to our young guns and how the team is doing. It's also great to hear that him and Danny are enjoying their well deserved retirement, as bittersweet as it still is for me.

Hank said: Pettersson is leading the team.

To me. He should now be in the Captaincy discussion. Kid is keeping everyone accountable and helping carry this team into a new stratosphere. 

We currently sit 2nd in the NHL (albeit with 2-3 games more played then teams in 3rd/4th) . That is with Petey out for 2 weeks.

I think he deserves consideration. Boeser said "pettersson is leading the team" now hank. They are not the first.

15 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

To me. He should now be in the Captaincy discussion. Kid is keeping everyone accountable and helping carry this team into a new stratosphere. 

We currently sit 2nd in the NHL (albeit with 2-3 games more played then teams in 3rd/4th) . That is with Petey out for 2 weeks.

I think he deserves consideration. Boeser said "pettersson is leading the team" now hank. They are not the first.

He may be in the consideration from next year. 

Hope they don't just overload him with all kind of responsibilities right away. He is still only 19.

Give him some time to concentrate on the playing side..... 

EP40 plays the media, like he handles everything, with skill and charm. If he gets a stupid question, his response. "Sorry I don't understand the question...." Then it drops. 

When the media baits him for an answer. He dodges it and says that they just practice hard, and things just happen. 

You don't always have your best player named Captain. It's good to have guys lighten the load and not burden a player with responsibilities they don't need. 

Henrik is all class, even in retirement. I'd love to see him at a soccer game standing in the rain coaching his kids. 

Listened to this one live - loved the copyright joke haha 

would have been great to see them overlap one season but at the but at the same time think things happen for a reason and this is the way it was meant to be. 

Hanks such a beauty though great interview 

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

16 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

EP40 plays the media, like he handles everything, with skill and charm. If he gets a stupid question, his response. "Sorry I don't understand the question...." Then it drops. 

When the media baits him for an answer. He dodges it and says that they just practice hard, and things just happen. 

You don't always have your best player named Captain. It's good to have guys lighten the load and not burden a player with responsibilities they don't need. 

Henrik is all class, even in retirement. I'd love to see him at a soccer game standing in the rain coaching his kids. 

While Pettersson looks like he can handle the media, he looks annoyed with the media at times and that just drives the media harder to push his buttons futher. I rather he continues to focus on what he's doing rather than have the media on his back as well. Horvat is less skilled, but he's a horse that will put the team on his back and is more stoic to the media and gives them nothing to work with. There's a reason why the media huddles are drawn to Pettersson as they try to break the kid. Once Horvat (or someone else) is named captain, the team can force the media to only talk to the captain after the game.

I'm sure Pettersson could probably handle the gig as well and should get an A for sure eventually, but I just see Horvat being more captain material in my eyes.

2 hours ago, spook007 said:

Hope they don't just overload him with all kind of responsibilities right away. He is still only 19.

I agree. I still think Bo is the right choice. Bo has strong desire to win, which is evident from him taking pride in taking key defensive draws.

Let EP focus on what he does best and keep him away from vultures of the media.

The kind of questions that the media asked EP after his first media day after concussion, they would never dare to ask Bo.

2 hours ago, spook007 said:

No, the captaincy has to be given to Horvat even if Petterson scores 120 points.

10 hours ago, runtzguy said:

No, the captaincy has to be given to Horvat even if Petterson scores 120 points.

I am a huge admirer of Horvat and have advocated for him to be our Captain the last two years, so you will no arguments from me on that front.

Archived