The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Winnipeg Jets at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 19, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“I felt good personally, but that’s a tough loss. We had a good push in the middle and it wasn’t enough. Our identity needs to be that we don’t quit and we didn’t tonight. It was a one-goal game late there.” - Gagner

He wouldn't have been sent down if he'd been playing like he did tonight.

2 minutes ago, Deets said:

Goldobin and Virtanen had a great game.

Goldy's best in quite a while.  Controlled the puck very well, made plays, could have easily had more than 2 points if others had any finish... or would take shots when open.

I think a healthy Canucks team is securely in a playoff spot right now, especially in our terrible division. 

we were 10-6-1 at one point with a depleted lineup. how we've performed + the stupid schedule, i have high hopes for when we get our real roster.

3 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Who's the most overrated player in the NHL: Sean Monahan or Patrik Laine?

I've always thought Monahan is, but after the previous two games and seeing how Laine is completely invisible all night yet still seems to score, I might have to change my mind.  If Brock Boeser played with Laine's teammates, he'd easily have 60 goals a year.

Hes a total goal suck. The western version of kessel

Just now, Trebreh said:

I think a healthy Canucks team is securely in a playoff spot right now, especially in our terrible division. 

we were 10-6-1 at one point with a depleted lineup. how we've performed + the stupid schedule, i have high hopes for when we get our real roster.

I swear, if we had a healthy roster with Boeser, Sutter, Beagle, Edler and Baertchi in the line-up, we would of gone 4-1-1 in that road trip we were on and would of also won against Montreal last game (likely still lose to the Jets today) but we would be talking about solidifying a playoffs spot instead of being in down spiral spin.

And oh yeah... love Jakes overall play, his physicality and he had lots of chances... BUT...

Wish he would fight... Brandon Tanev is 6.0 and 180-190 lbs... Jake is 6.1 and 223 lbs... he could probably throw Tanev out of the rink if he wanted to.

But Jake refuses to go when it was 4-1 and when it would be a good morale booster for the Canucks to win a fight.

But he backs away and Rousell has to go instead.

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

A fully healthy Jets team in their prime versus a depleted Canucks roster. 

Gudbranson with a total of two hits tonight. Hopefully he rediscovers his physicality before the end of the season. 

He couldn't catch any Jets players to hit them.  Looked like he was chasing and off balance all night...over matched.

1 minute ago, Rindiculous said:

Actually, I might prefer the lames over the Jets.  The media doesn't jizz their pants when the Lames win, unlike the Laffs, Coils, or Jets.

I think I rank the jets ahead of the lames because no fan base hates our city or team more than the lames’.. have a quick visit to calgary puck lol..also jets are missing the weasel factor of tkachpuke .. it’s all subjective though... 

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

And oh yeah... love Jakes overall play, his physicality and he had lots of chances... BUT...

Wish he would fight... Brandon Tanev is 6.0 and 180-190 lbs... Jake is 6.1 and 223 lbs... he could probably throw Tanev out of the rink if he wanted to.

But Jake refuses to go when it was 4-1 and when it would be a good morale booster for the Canucks to win a fight.

But he backs away and Rousell has to go instead.

he's not going to fight his teammates brother.

Archived