The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Preds 5pm PST Thursday Dec 13 2018 -- All Pettersson All the Time Edition

xereau

32 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Living in the interior, I have season tickets for a BCHL team since the 80s. I’ve seen a lot of young men come and go. Very few make the NHL or AHL. A few others play in the ECHL or Europe.

The majority end up as.general labourers and some parlay their hockey into a Scolly in the US. 

Going all in for hockey at that age is risky business, so your post struck a chord.

Not everyone is going to make Boeser bucks.  But everyone has a place.  None of those young men wasted their time in the CHL or BCHL.  The experience is valuable I think.

Nevertheless, it would be nice if every one of them had at least a community college degree as part of the deal.  I think the Americans have that right.  The Boeser line mate who doesn't make the NHL -- probably never gets drafted -- has a North Dakota or Bowling Green or Harvard Degree as consolation.  Not too shabby.  

On the other hand, Junior hockey is over with by 20, very young.  No reason you can't go back and pick up any courses/training you want then.  Take the Calculus course, go get the Electrician's starting ticket.   The key is for the rest of us to support a government/way of life that makes that affordable for them.  So they can take the risk, so they can entertain us, so they can improve our country.  

Preds have the last change, so I don't think we will find it so easy as last week.   I see a lower scoring game, with a scrambling defense much like last game, but we prevail 3 - 2 in OT.   Bo with the GWG.  Petey a goal and an apple.

40 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Preds have the last change, so I don't think we will find it so easy as last week.   I see a lower scoring game, with a scrambling defense much like last game, but we prevail 3 - 2 in OT.   Bo with the GWG.  Petey a goal and an apple.

We better score early or this game could be over rather quickly. We are not going to be lucky enough to get a lot of goals this game as we did last. Not really confident in the Stecher/Pouliot defensive pairing so I hope they play limited minutes or they throw Bulldog in there somewhere.

16 hours ago, The_Rocket said:

I have a final exam that starts at the exact same time as the game. Hoping to finish it early then rush home to see the third. Predicting an ot win for the good guys

Btw, anyone wanna post some tips on international finance? Ok Thanks

Don't invest in Greece or Italy :P

Kyle Turris is back in the lineup after missing the last 8 games.  Arvidsson, Forsberg and Subban are still on IR.  

Projected lineup based on morning skate:

Hartman Johansen Fiala

Jarnkrok Turris Smith 

Sissons Bonino Watson

Salomaki Gaudreau Grimaldi 

Josi Ellis

Hamhuis Ekholm

Irwin Weber

Archived