The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sabres @ Canucks Friday 7pm - Jan 18 2019 -

xereau

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

They go on what they've got...sometimes injuries don't show as much in tests and the player gauges how they're feeling as part of the overall assessment.

I doubt, very much, that this team would do anything to jeopardize him.  Nope, I don't buy it.

I think it's one of those injuries that's not bad enough but just bad enough and it's a time will tell thing.  Just like groins...in that, often you "have" to test it out to see where you're at with it.  His first skate was very brief, so I'm sure they're doing it "right".

I agree with you 100% I just said I don't buy he is fine! He would be playing if he was fine! That's all. 

13 minutes ago, cory40 said:

Makes me wonder if they had him on the ice too soon! If it flared up he could still be two weeks away!

I sometimes question the quality of our medical staff.  Or, is our team not being honest with the fans in order to sell more tickets?  

5 hours ago, stawns said:

gdt's are getting ridiculous with all the stupid stuff people are putting in them.  They get worse every game, like it's a race to see who can create the most pretentious, gawdy unrelated to the game thread starter. 

Lineups, maybe some pre-game interviews and/or highlights from their last meeting.  It shouldn't take 15 seconds to scroll past the first post.

Personally, I disagree.  I find them hilarious and look forward to them because it's like trash talk in a new form. 

The information's there and anything undesirable is easy enough to scroll past.

People invest a lot of time in them...anyone thinking they can do better can certainly sign up and invest the time in doing so.    But feedback is important and noted because we're all in this thing together.  So, thank you. 

Just now, cory40 said:

I agree with you 100% I just said I don't buy he is fine! He would be playing if he was fine! That's all. 

Just now, Alflives said:

I sometimes question the quality of our medical staff.  Or, is our team not being honest with the fans in order to sell more tickets?  

I was worried when they said his 10 minute skate the other day was by design. I have never skated 10 minutes unless I was not good to go! If I am right he does not play for 2 weeks! If I am wrong, and I do hope I am wrong he could go tonight or next game. Man I hope I am wrong! Did I mention I hope I am wrong?

2 minutes ago, cory40 said:

I was worried when they said his 10 minute skate the other day was by design. I have never skated 10 minutes unless I was not good to go! If I am right he does not play for 2 weeks! If I am wrong, and I do hope I am wrong he could go tonight or next game. Man I hope I am wrong! Did I mention I hope I am wrong?

I hope you're wrong too, but worry that Petey's injury might need the S word.  

Two things that's telling about the Nucks season

1) status of EP way more interesting than actual games, other players etc.

2) watching a game without EP just isn't fun, I'll watch the game vs Sabres and I want us to sneak into the playoffs but EP is really the difference between entertainment and just going through the motions

7 minutes ago, J-P said:

Two things that's telling about the Nucks season

1) status of EP way more interesting than actual games, other players etc.

2) watching a game without EP just isn't fun, I'll watch the game vs Sabres and I want us to sneak into the playoffs but EP is really the difference between entertainment and just going through the motions

You didn't enjoy the game against Florida?

2 hours ago, stawns said:

exactly right

I like a good, creative gdt, but all the ad neauseum twitter quotes, memes etc etc etc etc.  I would bet the vast majority of the people just scroll right by

i do

every once in a while there is a really funny creative GDT

more often than not I just sigh and think, "Tying too hard"

18 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You didn't enjoy the game against Florida?

Though you could argue the game was only exciting because of the EP and Matheson incident.... 

Edmonton game was good, but they’re usually always good games against them and the Flames.

6 minutes ago, J-P said:

Yeah fair enough, but that's the exception to the rule... If they play like that against the Sabres I won't complain!

Edmonton game was good they've played a few good games without EP. I think you’re really selling Bo, Boes, Baer and the rest short with this. 

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Personally, I disagree.  I find them hilarious and look forward to them because it's like trash talk in a new form. 

The information's there and anything undesirable is easy enough to scroll past.

People invest a lot of time in them...anyone thinking they can do better can certainly sign up and invest the time in doing so.    But feedback is important and noted because we're all in this thing together.  So, thank you. 

I'm with you Deb, the creativity of the gdt's and some of our resident meme generators are what make this place for me. I've even shown some of my non Canuck friends the content and they think it's brilliant too.

Archived