The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Optimistic or Pessimistic about Canucks making Playoffs?

Zigmund.Palffy

Are you Optimistic or Pessimistic about playoffs?  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If our top 5 players can remain healthy the remainder of the season, we'll make it into the playoffs. The top 5 players being Petey, Boeser, Horvat, Edler, Tanev. I would include Markstrom, but I actually think Demko would do a fine job filling in for him, so I don't see Markstrom's health as detrimental to the team. 

1 minute ago, Canckelhead said:

I don't think they will be there in the end, the heavier more experienced clubs like Anaheim and St.louis will be in, canucks will be just on the outisde. Worst possible spot for the draft.

That's okay.  It means that we are a lot closer than anyone expected and probably only need one more year before we become a playoff team. 

I'm optimistic that they will get a wildcard spot but I still think it's going to be a tall order. Either way though, the Canucks will be playing meaningful games in February; which hasn't happened in 3 years. So as a fan, I'm more optimistic about the end of this season than I've been in quite awhile.

1 hour ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Simple question canuck fans.. are you optimistic or Pessimistic about canucks making playoffs?

I think the boys will just squeak in, the way the west is shaping up, a lot of weak teams this year, I see the canucks as the DARKHORSE team to make it in.

I am afraid they might make it when the team still needs more star/elite players, afraid they end up stuck in the middle and then tearing down in 7 years and doing a rebuild again.

LA just speeded up their rebuild by another year by trading for a 1rst round pick.

2 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

I am afraid they might make it when the team still needs more star/elite players, afraid they end up stuck in the middle and then tearing down in 7 years and doing a rebuild again.

LA just speeded up their rebuild by another year by trading for a 1rst round pick.

Which is going to be, likely, much closer to a high 2nd round pick.

Archived