The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Panarin Interested in Vancouver

SuitnTie

8 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

not interested in a high priced Russian Winger.  Loui didn't work out, I do like the fact of adding offence, just not a fan of Panarin.  I much prefer allocating that money towards our defence.  

Other than Myers or Karlsson there is nobody on defence worth giving that kind of money too. Karlsson isn’t coming here so it boils down to Myers. If I had to choose and we don’t end up with Hughes or Kakko I would go after Panarin. He would give us a legit top end left winger, something we don’t have right now. 

The defence will eventually get fixed with our younger players. It may not happen next year but in 2-3 years our entire defence will be in place. If Benning wants to speed things up then he can look at making a trade. I like Zadorov and Provorov. One of them could partner Tryamkin if he were to come back. We will see. 

Why do people want Myers, he gets injured often and He doesnt have a crazy offensive upside either. Not to mention he will want 6-7 mil . And will become an anchor at years 3-4 of his contract. No thanks

Edited by teepain
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

I would rather sign Panarin and then make a trade for a young top 4 RD.

2020 draft picks (lottery protected) plus roster players like Virtanen should be on the table as having a guy ready to help us on the upswing is more important than a pick that would likely be a few years away.

Maybe teams will look at the Gudbranson fit on the Penguins and think some of our other players will blossom if plucked off our team.

Edited by Provost

23 minutes ago, rekker said:

Panarin's disappearing act down the stretch here is worrisome. I'd rather get EK if I had a choice of the two for the team. 

We have seen how he can perform in the playoffs, it was impressive, he was the main guy who showed up in the series against the Caps.

Edited by aliboy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, aliboy said:

We have seen how he can perform in the playoffs, it was impressive, he was the main guy who showed up in the series against the Caps.

True, I remember that now. Just watching him tonight vs the Oilers and wasnt impressed. Could be the changes Columbus made just aren't working for the Breadman. 

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

True, I remember that now. Just watching him tonight vs the Oilers and wasnt impressed. Could be the changes Columbus made just aren't working for the Breadman. 

Not sure if he didn't get along with Torts or what the deal is but he seems to be ready to move on, so may have something to do with his play. Once he's with a team of his choice, hopefully us, I'd expect a return to the better level of play.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mll said:

Columbus is not bringing Bobrovsky back though.   They've already identified Elvis Merzlinkis as their future starter but he has no experience on smaller ice yet.  They signed him to a 1 year ELC a few weeks ago and allowed him to burn it.  

Panarin earlier this year changed to the same agent as Bobrovsky which added to the speculation that they are a package deal.  Florida is apparently targeting both.  Adding coach-Q is an additional incentive to sign in Florida.

Chicago didn't think they could re-sign him - re cap space.  They decided to get ahead of it and bring back Saad who worked out for them in the past and has 2 more years.  

Interesting news about the agents. Not many teams can take on both their salaries...but we can. Packaging Marky in a deal for a solid top 4 D or prospect with that kind of potential would really help bolster our back end.

Panarin in is an offensive generator all by himself. He's not a passenger by any means. And is on the younger side of his peak. We could get 5-6 years of good production from him. We don't have a winger in our top 6 right now aside from Boeser who is a consistent 60 point or more scorer. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Interesting news about the agents. Not many teams can take on both their salaries...but we can. Packaging Marky in a deal for a solid top 4 D or prospect with that kind of potential would really help bolster our back end.

Panarin in is an offensive generator all by himself. He's not a passenger by any means. And is on the younger side of his peak. We could get 5-6 years of good production from him. We don't have a winger in our top 6 right now aside from Boeser who is a consistent 60 point or more scorer. 

Sounds good until Petterson and Hughes needs to get paid. Not to mention Horvat and Boeser. 

6 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

Sounds good until Petterson and Hughes needs to get paid. Not to mention Horvat and Boeser. 

Fair point, but I think it could potentially work if you don't handcuff yourself with term. I'd take both players on 4-5 year deals. We could afford their salaries till then. But if they want more term I would hesitate doing a deal. As you said it just wouldn't work long term for this team. 

18 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Sign both Panarin and Bobrovsky. Trade Marky+ to Buffalo for Ristolainen. Bring back Tryamkin. If that doesn't win Cups, it'll be entertaining as hell. Pipe dream of course.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Sign both Panarin and Bobrovsky. Trade Marky+ to Buffalo for Ristolainen. Bring back Tryamkin. If that doesn't win Cups, it'll be entertaining as hell. Pipe dream of course.

Imagine a Risto - Tryamkin pairing. Oh man one can hope. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

There's room for the bread man's salary. Especially if we lose LE. I still think a cap floor team may take him on with a sweetener added. 

40 minutes ago, rekker said:

There's room for the bread man's salary. Especially if we lose LE. I still think a cap floor team may take him on with a sweetener added. 

I'd be happy with Panarin, but do worry about the Cap hit going forward.  Big Cap hits to a few elite guys can ruin a team's depth, and make it all most impossible to compete in the playoffs.