The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] One of Chicagos big 4 D prospects is not off the table.

Kanukfanatic

On HF boards where I saw this, some Hawks fans say that of the four D prospects, Beaudin, Boqvist, Jokiharju, Mitchell, that Jokiharju would be the one most available.

Jokiharju is a right handed 20 year old D. This would be the type of hockey trade that Benning indicated he would consider. I don't know if we have what it takes to get him. Or more like if JB would give up what it would take to get him.

Interesting though.  Especially considering right D prospects is exactly what the Canucks need.

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

I don’t pretend to know anything about any of these prospects, but it will be worth reading up on them!

Boqvist was one of the four high ranked D last draft who weren't Dahlin. Jokiharju went on a tear at the beginning of the season but he's cooled off considerably since then. Don't know anything about the others. 

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Boqvist was one of the four high ranked D last draft who weren't Dahlin. Jokiharju went on a tear at the beginning of the season but he's cooled off considerably since then. Don't know anything about the others. 

Ya, I did recognize Boqvist from the draft as a possibility in the range where we were drafting.  No idea how his year has been since then.

Joker was a stud in the WHL. 

I saw him play at least 15-20 regular season games and a handful of playoff games.

He's average sized and skilled but his hockey-sense/vision on the ice is way above average.

I had doubts about his transition to pro-hockey, but he's proven me wrong.  He's only going to get better.

He wouldn't come cheap though - doubtful we have the assets for that acquisition. 

Hawks fans seem to think Boqvist (R  5'11" 168) will be an elite 1D.

They say Joki (R 6'00" 180) is the only 1 of the 4 D that has somewhat proven themselves in the NHL.

They then seem to disagree on which of Joki, Mitchell (R 5'11" 173), or Beaudin (L 5'11" 175) should be expendable.  If it was Joki, they are saying they would want a forward and they name someone like Nylander. Very high price for Joki if he is even available it seems.

1 minute ago, coryberg said:

I thought Hughes would be long gone at 7 and was hoping for Boqvist. This kid is really good, right hand shot too. Biggest knock on him was a concussion he had a few years ago. I would look into what it would take to get him for sure.

Boqvist  appears to be in the "will not be traded under any circumstance" group.

On 2/22/2019 at 2:37 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

Feign knowledge. It's all the rage these days....until you have to actually prove that you know stuff.

Unpopular opinion is still blasphemy here, no matter how much the poster knows. This is a site built on pretentious posturing.

I’ve plagiarized an executive on here more than once and been laughed out of here because it didn’t fit the groove going on in here - Stuff that comes straight from some hockey hero people I have dinner with occasionally. 

A few of the biggest minus magnets on this site I know are actual hockey people from a previous life. Almost ironic. It’s our resident know-it-alls who are the least informed, save google and whatever internet connection to the sport they have. 

Feigning knowlege is something that, overtime goes away and becomes old news, on CDC. 

7 minutes ago, coryberg said:

I thought Hughes would be long gone at 7 and was hoping for Boqvist. This kid is really good, right hand shot too. Biggest knock on him was a concussion he had a few years ago. I would look into what it would take to get him for sure.

Have you actually followed him this season in London? 

I have.

I’d say his stock has fallen while Bouchard’s has risen. 

Sure, he’s almost a year younger, but his game hasn’t exploded on the smaller ice as the hope was for him. 

I was very high on Boqvist at the draft. Today, I’d take Bouchard. 

AB is far too passive as a Dman for the NHL.

I highly doubt he will be an impact player and suspect he has a short career here. 

Sad to say. 

Archived