The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linus Karlsson | C

2 hours ago, Fred65 said:

I think it's his defensive part of his game they're concerned about

He seemed to struggle in the beginning but is now used on the penalty kill and the coach feels comfortable playing him at the end of games when protecting leads.  I think he would be fine defensively. 

2 hours ago, Fred65 said:

I think it's his defensive part of his game they're concerned about

When AHL coach was on Dhali and Donne he spoke very highly of LK. He made the indirect distinction that LK does things you help you win games in comparison to him saying the other young guys need to learn how to do more of that when asked about them. Said best part of his game is his play below the hashes and he likes the bite in LK’s game. 

He also plays LK in all situations. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

When AHL coach was on Dhali and Donne he spoke very highly of LK. He made the indirect distinction that LK does things you help you win games in comparison to him saying the other young guys need to learn how to do more of that when asked about them. Said best part of his game is his play below the hashes and he likes the bite in LK’s game. 

I like that our current AHL coach is developing our young guys into players who will succeed on the big club.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Googlie said:

"plays with an edge" ........ he's second on the team in penalty minutes, just behind Jett Woo.

That's some edge !

he's a physical player down low, really knows how to protect the puck along the boards and doesn't back down from the chippiness.  

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

he plays the game down low, not unlike the twins, except he enjoys some of the rough stuff after the whistles.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, stawns said:

I am loving this kids game, he rarely makes a mistake.......in any zone.  He's not flashy or streaky, hes just steady and consistent in his play.

Steady but isn’t afraid to muck and grind and get involved physically. Isn’t afraid to stand up for himself either. 

AHL coach said he isn’t afraid of throwing cross checks and scrum stuff when asked about LK penalty minutes.

AHL coach spoke more highly of him than the other guys where he showed more constructive criticism for the young guys

I like his game. I think he has the makings of a really good top 9 winger. I think he’s further along than we realize but he’s in a really good spot for the year. 

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

17 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Steady but isn’t afraid to muck and grind and get involved physically. Isn’t afraid to stand up for himself either. 

AHL coach said he isn’t afraid of throwing cross checks and scrum stuff when asked about LK penalty minutes.

AHL coach spoke more highly of him than the other guys where he showed more constructive criticism for the young guys

I like his game. I think he has the makings of a really good top 9 winger. I think he’s further along than we realize but he’s in a really good spot for the year. 

Podkolzin   Raty   Karlsson

That could be our 3rd line next year.  If we luck out with one of Bedard/Fantilli/Carlsson then our top 6 will look even better.  Alot hinges on this draft.  We are in full tank mode now.  With a potential Demko trade we could be bottom 3 by years end...

7 hours ago, Coconuts said:

How would you say he compares to a Hansen or a Higgins 

I don't think he plays like either one of those players, really.  If I had to pick a comparable from the Canucks, I'd say more like Pearson.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I hope he's in Abby for the year, but I think this will be it for him in the AHL.  He can slot into the lineup anywhere, so I can't imagine him not being in van next year.

He likes to muck it up for sure.  Took a pick to the face last night, out on a full visor, came back and still went to the dirty areas.

• Like 1