Eriksson - 33yrs - $6.000MIL x 3

pick or prospect

VAN

Ryan - 32yrs - $7.250MIL x 3

OTT

Edited by Me_

That is a whole lot of Meh. 

The broadway deal makes no sense for the Rangers.  They are rebuilding and cap isn't an issue, better off just buying him out.  Money is not an issue for the Rags.

Ottawa might like it though as Eriksson's cap hit is greater than his pay.  Would help them reduce their actual dollars spent to below cap minimum.

None of these players make sense for us to give up any prospects or pics for.  Better off just letting the clock run out on Erikkson than give up assets to get rid of him.  Now if we were getting prospects or pics back than can bring in any of these guys, they will be gone before it matters too much to our cap.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

Like a pick had to be added on our part with the rangers trade a pick would have to be added by Ottawa for us to take Ryan 

But I actually only like the kovalchuk trade because it gets rid of a year 

Thats pretty much the only thing bothering me about eriksson at this point, how much longer is left on it, i would even trade him if we had to take back another million or so if it gets us out of a year or two

The problem with a a Bobby Ryan trade is that he has a NMC and would require protecting at the expansion draft. Otherwise a trade could make sense. 

Bobby Ryan is a year younger and I think still has some offense to contribute that Ericksson seems to be lacking, plus if the trade is done after signing bonuses Ericksson makes a lot less than Bobby meaning Ottawa would have to give up some nice assets to take on a less expensive contract (sharks 1st in 2020? 2 of their 3 2nd rounders?) 

Really though, I think Ericksson is here to stay for at least one more season, I just don't see GMJB having the gusto to make a move of this sort. I have faith in him in a lot of ways but trading a bad contract like Loui's might just be too difficult to orchestrate. 

Kovy as a NMC

Rags wouldn't bother

Ryan has a (M) NTC, NMC

Keep Loui for another season until his NTC becomes modified and then trade him to a team that needs to make minimum salary cap.  Loui goes to new team with 6m cap hit and with Canucks retaining1m, new team only pays 3m.

40 minutes ago, xereau said:

What are the chances of him retiring, as per the April Fools troll post?  If not this offseason, next? 

He would be leaving FAR less than his cap hit on the table (look for this to be amended in the next CBA too btw).

I say the chances are slim to none.

He is owed $13M over the next three years.  I certainly wouldn't retire while I am still owed $13M.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Me_ said:

Nice food for thought from the following article:

Eriksson trade possibilities

VAN

Kovalchuk - 36yrs - $6.250MIL x 2

LAK

Eriksson - 33yrs - $6.000MIL x 3

VAN

M. STAAL - 32yrs - $5.700MIL x 2

NYR

pick or prospect

VAN

Ryan - 32yrs - $7.250MIL x 3

OTT

none of these. Loui is still more useful than all three.

We should move Loui for picks, or simply keep him and have a F for expansion. No need to trade for another potentially worse contract. We know he can do a lot defensively and chips in 10 goals and ~30 pts. Not sure any of these other guys are going to do that. 

• Upvote 2

I like Erikson for Neal.

Let calgary get an asset and flip erikson to ottawa or arizona 

Neal with Horvat and Pearson

Im implying we get a 3 way trade and add an expendable asset to.facilitate it

Edited by HughMungus
  • Upvote 1

I'm actually intrigued about a Eriksson for Ryan trade. If this deal 1 for 1 happened after July 1st when the signing bonuses get paid for the year, Eriksson will only be owed 9 million for the remainder of his contract as opposed to Ryan's 20.5 million. With that money disparity, it would be reasonable to believe this deal would involve Ottawa retaining some of Ryan's salary

1 minute ago, Foo202 said:

I'm actually intrigued about a Eriksson for Ryan trade. If this deal 1 for 1 happened after July 1st when the signing bonuses get paid for the year, Eriksson will only be owed 9 million for the remainder of his contract as opposed to Ryan's 20.5 million. With that money disparity, it would be reasonable to believe this deal would involve Ottawa retaining some of Ryan's salary

Why in the world would we trade Errikson for Ryan though in the first place?  Loui is at least a serviceable player, even though grossly overpaid.  Ryan gets paid even more, and does nothing.  

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why in the world would we trade Errikson for Ryan though in the first place?  Loui is at least a serviceable player, even though grossly overpaid.  Ryan gets paid even more, and does nothing.  

Ryan can still contribute offensively, his points per game is still above 0.5 which would make his the 4th best forward in the canucks line up. Also this deal only makes sense from a Canucks point of view if the Sens retain some of Ryan salary. Lets say 30% which would make Ryan cap hit 5.075M 

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal/Discussion] Eriksson for who?