The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

Sanders for president reddit section has been buzzing with complaints about black folks voting for Biden.

The root ran a nice opinion piece on it, also comment section was great.

An Open Letter to White Liberals Blaming 'Low Information' Black Voters for Not Cleaning Up White Folks' Mess

https://www.theroot.com/an-open-letter-to-white-liberals-blaming-low-informatio-1842100419

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Sanders for president reddit section has been buzzing with complaints about black folks voting for Biden.

An Open Letter to White Liberals Blaming 'Low Information' Black Voters for Not Cleaning Up White Folks' Mess

https://www.theroot.com/an-open-letter-to-white-liberals-blaming-low-informatio-1842100419

Nice find. I especially liked this quote:

Only a white man would blame black people’s stupidity when his supposedly “diverse coalition of new voters” didn’t bother to show up to vote.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I think the DNC wants to screw Bernie, why was Warren even in on super Tuesday. How many more states would Sanders have won if she wasn't in it 

When the comedy show is a hit why would you cut any of the stars? I hear Amy and Pete left to make movies financed by Mike. 

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

I mean when you have over 50% of black voters making up there mind to vote for Biden after Clyburn endorsed him really do spell low information sheep voters. Both side screwed this up for Bernie. The low information sheep black voters and the white young voters who didn't bother to show up.

The young not showing up will not go well for Biden in the general. Really at this point it doesn't really matter who wins as both Biden and Trump is going to do essentially the same thing. One just does it loudly and un-civilly. So more tax cut for the rich, tax increase for the middle class, more people not insured, more wars, and of course more cuts to social security. If there is one thing Biden is consistent on is, giving whatever GOP wants in tax cuts to the rich, cuts to social security, and starting more pointless wars.

The only difference is going to be scotus where Biden may appoint more moderate judges that actually respect precedence and protect Rode vs. Wade.

• Upvote 1

The good news is that Elizabeth Warren has dropped out of the presidential race. And Mike Bloomberg. And Amy Klobuchar. And that guy with the name we could never pronounce.
The bad news is that Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden are still in the race on the Democratic side… and Donald Trump runs unopposed for the Republicans. The best you can say about any of them is that their names are easy to spell.

3 minutes ago, nucklehead said:

The good news is that Elizabeth Warren has dropped out of the presidential race. And Mike Bloomberg. And Amy Klobuchar. And that guy with the name we could never pronounce.
The bad news is that Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden are still in the race on the Democratic side… and Donald Trump runs unopposed for the Republicans. The best you can say about any of them is that their names are easy to spell.

It's not bad news that it is down to two.  It means that the debate will be more focused and the vote will be either/or.  The sad thing is that it took this long to get to two.  

7 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

I mean when you have over 50% of black voters making up there mind to vote for Biden after Clyburn endorsed him really do spell low information sheep voters. Both side screwed this up for Bernie. The low information sheep black voters and the white young voters who didn't bother to show up.

The young not showing up will not go well for Biden in the general. Really at this point it doesn't really matter who wins as both Biden and Trump is going to do essentially the same thing. One just does it loudly and un-civilly. So more tax cut for the rich, tax increase for the middle class, more people not insured, more wars, and of course more cuts to social security. If there is one thing Biden is consistent on is, giving whatever GOP wants in tax cuts to the rich, cuts to social security, and starting more pointless wars.

The only difference is going to be scotus where Biden may appoint more moderate judges that actually respect precedence and protect Rode vs. Wade.

Talk about low information.

Trump lowered taxes for low and many middle income folks.

More wars? Where?

Social security needs reworking, as it is not sustainable. I doubt he can get anything done with it though... that's a tough nut to crack.  Too many people love them some entitlements.

And Roe v Wade, well, the decision was unconstitutional to begin with, so there's that.

Edited by Kragar
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

I am surprised that black folks didn’t vote for Lord Maple of Vermont and his legion of Birkenstock wearing groupies.
He did leave very diverse Brooklyn in 1968 for Vermont so he can meet all 5 black folk’ that lived over there.

As far as Biden being much like Trump, I don’t have enough patience to debate that one.

Its like debating that Mogadishu is better than Vancouver because of cheaper real estate.

• Haha 1

At least right wingers are showing us their preferred candidate in 2020 election.

Democrats weigh in on Joe Biden mental acuity, potential Bernie Sanders nomination

Nolte: Democrats, Bernie Bros Brawl over Joe Biden’s Mental Health

Limbaugh applauds Republicans voting for Bernie to slow down Biden in Dem primaries ahead of Mich., Wash. and Mo. on March 10

https://www.foxnews.com/media/joe-biden-mental-acuity-supporter-concern

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/06/nolte-democrats-bernie-bros-brawl-over-joe-bidens-mental-health/

http://dailytorch.com/2020/03/limbaugh-applauds-republicans-voting-for-bernie-to-slow-down-biden-in-dem-primaries-ahead-of-mich-wash-and-mo-on-march-10/

20 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Racists calling people of colour dumb for not subscribing to their political ideology is something that happens on the left and the right. I have seen some of the most vile racist comments directed towards black conservatives by so called "liberals". Seemed eerily similar to one of clam's posts, containing the word "plantation".

Edited by Toews
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Toews said:

Racists calling people of colour dumb for not subscribing to their political ideology is something that happens on the left and the right. I have seen some of the most vile racist comments directed towards black conservatives by so called "liberals". Seemed eerily similar to one of clam's posts, containing the word "plantation".

The only way to know how it is to be black in America is actually by being a black person.

Right wingers always use term Democratic plantation, I am sure he picked it up from Fox, Breitbart, Rush etc.

• Upvote 1

Just now, CBH1926 said:

The only way to know how it is to be black in America is actually by being a black person.

Right wingers always use term Democratic plantation, I am sure he picked it up from Fox, Breitbart, Rush etc.

True, and an average black person not a drama queen celebrity trying to play victim for attention. 

The post on the left and were more in the Uncle Tom sort of vein, but imo just as vile as the plantation crap. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Toews said:

True, and an average black person not a drama queen celebrity trying to play victim for attention. 

The post on the left and were more in the Uncle Tom sort of vein, but imo just as vile as the plantation crap. 

I agree, it’s almost like “you are too stupid to know what’s good for you” disguised as “all we want is what is best for you” and “why won’t you let us help you”?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Is there much chance left for Bernie?

I'd say no. There's still plenty of states left that Bernie should win (WA, OR etc). But Bernie won't win those states by large enough margins to collect way more delegates.

There's plenty of states left (FL, LA, MS etc) where Biden should blow Bernie out. That's how you collect the lion's share of the delegates.

Bernie's best chance is being close enough to cause a ruckus at the convention. But I think we're witnessing the collapse of his campaign. Time will tell.

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Is there much chance left for Bernie?

Anything is possible in politics and things change in an instant.

I mean, Trump won and very few people thought he had a chance.

As of right now, JB seems to be ahead.

• Thanks 1