The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

On 3/6/2020 at 11:00 AM, thedestroyerofworlds said:

It's not bad news that it is down to two.  It means that the debate will be more focused and the vote will be either/or.  The sad thing is that it took this long to get to two.  

Yep, debates with 5, 6 ppl, or more, are a waste of time.  So much yelling on top if each other.

58 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Yep, debates with 5, 6 ppl, or more, are a waste of time.  So much yelling on top if each other.

What confuses me is the different Santa Claus suits. I mean they are all giving away candy!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kragar said:

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

What confuses me is the different Santa Claus suits. I mean they are all giving away candy!

It’s hardly revolutionary. For example, think 4 years ago...

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Canorth said:

It’s hardly revolutionary. For example, think 4 years ago...

spacer.png

Oh yeah, I'm not knocking the Dems on this, although 20+ candidates to start things was reminiscent of the CA governorship when Ahnahld won.

• Upvote 1

There is a very good chance that all Three guys running for President could die of coronavirus

All of them are in their 70s 

All of them are or will be travelling the USA

All of them will becoming across millions of people

Like how can they even survive, these guys are going to do everything that the Scientist, doctors and health professionals tell us not to do. Their going to do all of it and they are all in the high risk category of dying from it 

I guess the phrase last man standing is going to take a literal meaning this time 

5 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

There is a very good chance that all Three guys running for President could die of coronavirus

Like how can they even survive, these guys are going to do everything that the Scientist, doctors and health professionals tell us not to do. Their going to do all of it and they are all in the high risk category of dying from it 

I guess the phrase last man standing is going to take a literal meaning this time 

That's why the VP pick may really matter.   On the GOP side you have a science denying creationist.  Whoever the Dem candidate picks is infinitely better.  Unless you are a climate change denying bible thumper.

On 3/8/2020 at 4:40 AM, Arrow 1983 said:

Just make sure they pick a young VP. 

I like to see Biden/Yang. All my in laws are GOP, and Yang is the only person they like and would vote for.  

On 3/8/2020 at 7:38 AM, Bill Sikes said:

Pretty much just handed the next election to Trump with a big bow on it.  Sanders is too far to the left and Biden has too many ties to Obama and the Clintons

Yup, Dems are their own worst enemy. Rather maintain the establishment and lose evidently.

Americans should just stop voting for the Orangutan or either of these poor options.

So next week's debate is interesting. Tulsi has 1 delegate which means she technically should be allowed to be there, but she won't. Also instead of the candidates standing on a podium, they will be sitting down. The biggest change is that questions won't come from moderators. Instead they will come from the audience. I'm not sure what I think of this. 

Looks like someone's not playing nice

https://www.truthorfiction.com/if-you-misspell-berniesanders-com-as-berniesander-com-do-you-get-redirected-to-a-donation-page-for-the-biden-campaign/

There's a BernieSander.com (not Sanders) website, that directs to a Biden fundraising site.  Pretty slimy, Uncle Joe (edit: or whoever is doing this.  Could just as easily be a scam, i guess?).

On March 10 2020, a Twitter user shared a Reddit thread about a purported redirect from “BernieSander.com” (versus “BernieSanders.com”) to a campaign donation page for Joe Biden:

The thread, which was shared on March 9 2020 to r/SandersForPresident, included a brief video screen capture. In it, someone misspells “BernieSanders.com” as “BernieSander.com,” and lands on a page asking for donations to Biden’s campaign:

In the top comment, a redditor responded:

Not only will it go there, if you do this on mobile it’s setup to jump you lower on the page to the donation section so that you don’t see any of the information at the top

Although it might not be immediately apparent, what the user claimed here is that opening the page on mobile oriented the page so that only the donation field was visible. That means that people intending to donate to Sanders who accidentally typed in “BernieSander.com” might have been accidentally donating to Biden while intending to donate to Sanders, and if the person’s mobile device saved the misspelled “BernieSander.com” instead of the correct “BernieSanders.com,” they could conceivably and inadvertently give multiple donations to the Biden campaign.

To test the claim, we opened “BernieSander.com” on two separate iPhones. Although the “Biden 2020” logo was visible for a split second during load time, the ActBlue page did load as described by the user, obscuring the campaign logo at the top of all ActBlue donations pages. Text above the dollar amounts did say, “Your contribution will benefit Joe Biden” — but the page was markedly different on mobile versus desktop:

Edited by Kragar

31 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Looks like someone's not playing nice

https://www.truthorfiction.com/if-you-misspell-berniesanders-com-as-berniesander-com-do-you-get-redirected-to-a-donation-page-for-the-biden-campaign/

There's a BernieSander.com (not Sanders) website, that directs to a Biden fundraising site.  Pretty slimy, Uncle Joe (edit: or whoever is doing this.  Could just as easily be a scam, i guess?).

Tit for tat I suppose....the Sanders campaign has been running an ad with video edited to make it look like he's endorsing Bernie. In fact the video is from 2015 or 2016 and he was referencing "Feel the Bern!" while asking Sanders' supporters to support Hillary once she had gotten the nomination.

Mind you, neither campaign holds a candle to the misinformation that the Trump campaign puts out...

Bernie Sanders cancels tonight's rally in Cleveland because of virus

Tue 10 Mar 2020 20:11:41 GMT

Says all future events to be on a case-by-case basis

I suspect all North American professional sports will be cancelled by the end of the week.

The last sentence is pure opinion, but who knows.

Biden's rally is cancelled is as well.
Edited by nuckin_futz

Watching Biden point his finger into the face of a factory worker... and all the reasons the Dems lost the last election come roaring back to haunt them again.

These are the people you need on your side. Biden lost them. Sanders is too angry at everything to give a impression of true leadership. It's four more years of Trump come November. 

• Haha 1

On 3/9/2020 at 12:31 PM, almo89 said:

So next week's debate is interesting. Tulsi has 1 delegate which means she technically should be allowed to be there, but she won't. Also instead of the candidates standing on a podium, they will be sitting down. The biggest change is that questions won't come from moderators. Instead they will come from the audience. I'm not sure what I think of this. 

Interesting. The moderators have been uniformly awful in the previous debates, carrying agendas and ignoring entire subjects. 

That said, from experience listening to CSPAN callers I'm not sure any good questions will come from the audience. 

28 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

These are the people you need on your side. Biden lost them. Sanders is too angry at everything to give a impression of true leadership. It's four more years of Trump come November. 

That's nothing compared to the virus. The administration had a 5 week head start to get prepared on a mass scale while it spread through China.

They are not prepared. The messaging is all over the place. It's a royal sh** show. You can mess up a lot of things and be forgiven but you can't mess up like this and cost people their lives. That will hang around the administrations neck like a South African "necklace".It's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better.

Game, set, match.

5 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

That's nothing compared to the virus. The administration had a 5 week head start to get prepared on a mass scale while it spread through China.

They are not prepared. The messaging is all over the place. It's a royal sh** show. You can mess up a lot of things and be forgiven but you can't mess up like this and cost people their lives. That will hang around the administrations neck like a South African "necklace".It's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better.

Game, set, match.

Ya, putting Pence in charge was the cherry on top.  Google Indiana HIV outbreak and you see why.

32 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Watching Biden point his finger into the face of a factory worker... and all the reasons the Dems lost the last election come roaring back to haunt them again.

I have to wonder if this is a serious twitter account...."Finkelstein"?

In any event, Samuel D, is taking a bit of poetic license here. The factory worker didn't "ask Biden about his position on gun rights", he accused him of "actively trying to end our 2nd Amendment rights and take away our guns".

Biden responded by telling the worker he was full of sh*t. Exactly the kind of "straight talk" and/or "telling it like it is" that so many give Trump a complete pass for.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2