The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eriksson's 'friction'

Rate this topic

Dr. J.

3 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

He has to wiave his NMC to be traded. Unless the player is a more in demand player I will call it...only then would the new team be asked or feel obligated to retain that NMC. Lucic's recent fall in play means if he wants a fresh start he is going to have to be open where he goes and won't have that NMC protection anymore

he doesn't have a NMC. It's over. 

He has an NTC for next year. Not sure the details but he would need to ok a trade . For the last two years he must give a 15 team list and that goes with a limited ntc.

If Loui is unhappy here then you can be sure that he would wave his ntc to move on. 

He will have some control on where he goes. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, appleboy said:

He has an NTC for next year. Not sure the details but he would need to ok a trade . For the last two years he must give a 15 team list and that goes with a limited ntc.

If Loui is unhappy here then you can be sure that he would wave his ntc to move on. 

He will have some control on where he goes. 

Loui can want a a new start, but team will want him?  It’s like the idea of swapping him for Lucic; we get back another team’s mistake.  

47 minutes ago, beni said:

he doesn't have a NMC. It's over. 

Lucic has a NMC for the duration of his contract, modified NTC with the NMC the final 2 years.

Loui’s NMC is over, Full NTC this season modified NTC the final 2.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Provost said:

Potting in a rebound when other players get double teamed does not equal driving to the net.

Stats have to be used in context, like watching the games.

He said goes to the net, not drives to the net. Also known as going to the dirty areas. It would be pretty hard to get rebounds if you don't go to the net. My hay fever would really bother me if I built straw men the way you do. Do you use Claritin?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

technically Jim saved a few hundred grand on that one. But if thats the benchmark for Jim's worst trade I'll take that over a lot of GMs. 

I'd say the benchmark is the McCann, a 2nd and a 4th for Gudbranson and a 5th.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'd say the benchmark is the McCann, a 2nd and a 4th for Gudbranson and a 5th.

yeah could be, it obviously didn't pan out as hoped. But Pearson may make it worthwhile but I suppose you can play that game with any trade move. On its own merits you're probably correct. 

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah could be, it obviously didn't pan out as hoped. But Pearson may make it worthwhile but I suppose you can play that game with any trade move. On its own merits you're probably correct. 

Not that it matters, as you can't predict how anyone will draft, but right after Florida used our pick, Chicago picked up DeBrincat. Things would look pretty interesting had the best case scenario taken place in 2016. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

He said goes to the net, not drives to the net. Also known as going to the dirty areas. It would be pretty hard to get rebounds if you don't go to the net. My hay fever would really bother me if I built straw men the way you do. Do you use Claritin?

Except he said “like Pearson does with Horvat”.... Pearson drives to the net, he doesn’t just wander in the vicinity when no one is around.  

You would be hard pressed to find any clips of Eriksson battling in front of the paint “the dirty areas” it is entirely disingenuous of you to interpret his play like that... and laughable to anyone who has watched him play. He hangs out ten feet away from the net as an opportunist for rebounds when his line mates draw extra attention (by going to the net)

Edited by Provost
  • Wat 1

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Lucic has a NMC for the duration of his contract, modified NTC with the NMC the final 2 years.

Loui’s NMC is over, Full NTC this season modified NTC the final 2.

I may have quoted the wrong post. I was referring to Loui. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

technically Jim saved a few hundred grand on that one. But if thats the benchmark for Jim's worst trade I'll take that over a lot of GMs. 

it all started when he overpaid Gagner tho, same with Eriksson, Sutter, Gudbranson- looks like we got an alright return for him with Pearson tho. Jim has made mistakes like all GM's.

I wish we had more success with drafting and seeing players develop and make the NHL who weren't 1st round picks. Some of those selections are still to be determined with OJ and Jake. I am really pulling for Jake to be an effective top 6 winger for us. He has great speed, shows glimpses of driving to the net just needs better finish and his shot is alright some good snipes but a lot of shots to the chest.

We need the Lind and gadjovich type picks to make our team and be an impactful player in the NHL. I like both of those players, hope they train hard and have a good training camp showing so they can get a pre season game or two before going back to Utica.

3 hours ago, Sweathog said:

I'm all for a Loui for Milan swap, especially if Edmonton coughs up some futures to make it happen. But I'm doubtful, why would LE waive to go to Edmonton of all places?

If LE truly believes he is capable of producing offensively at in the NHL still he will bet on himself and waiving to a team with 2 high end point producing C would be an easy move for him to make. He might ride the coat tails in their top 6 and get points, sometimes a trade gives a player a boost. I just want to see LE gone, never liked the signing, the structure of the deal was horrible GM JB got bent over on that one. We were a team NOT needing to go after a high cap hit long term deal yet we did and it bit us hard in the arse.

Who is the better player to potentially take back for LE...Lucic or Neal? Both have 4 years left, Neal 250k less per year. I just hope we move LE to a low cap team who wants the high cap hit with only having to pay 9m in salary over 3 years. 

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

If LE truly believes he is capable of producing offensively at in the NHL still he will bet on himself and waiving to a team with 2 high end point producing C would be an easy move for him to make. He might ride the coat tails in their top 6 and get points, sometimes a trade gives a player a boost. I just want to see LE gone, never liked the signing, the structure of the deal was horrible GM JB got bent over on that one. We were a team NOT needing to go after a high cap hit long term deal yet we did and it bit us hard in the arse.

Who is the better player to potentially take back for LE...Lucic or Neal? Both have 4 years left, Neal 250k less per year. I just hope we move LE to a low cap team who wants the high cap hit with only having to pay 9m in salary over 3 years. 

Generally speaking I agree with you. I was against the Eriksson signing from the start, the signing and the terms of the signing have been one of Benning's biggest mistakes since he's been here. I too, want Eriksson gone, and that Lucic coming back with futures would benefit the Canucks.

But the reason I still have some doubts about him going to Edmonton is he still has some control with where he ends up because of his modified NTC. 

I can see how guys like Mcdavid and Leon could be an attractive opportunity for a guy like LE to prove that he's still that offensive player, but I still have my doubts. Would LE want to spend the next three years in a dumpster fire of an organization, another fishbowl market, and in Edmonton to boot?

I hope I'm wrong, but my guess is that LE would be happier in a city like Dallas, or Florida, where the climate is nicer and he would have a lot less pressure to produce unlike in a Canadian market.

Edited by Sweathog

Seems funny that if Eriksson says something, it's all "good, time to get rid of him". But if Dahlen supposedly said something, then there's a major problem in Utica. If any other player said something (eg Goldobin) about Green, first comment would be to fire Green.

Now of course there's the comment about how Dahlen was dealt so Eriksson should be as well. Well two different situations. In Dahlen's case, there was some sort of communication that he (or his agent) asked for a trade. There hasn't been this notion from Eriksson at least not blatantly. Also moving Eriksson is a lot harder than moving Dahlen, so it's not going to happen as quickly if it even does.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

it all started when he overpaid Gagner tho, same with Eriksson, Sutter, Gudbranson- looks like we got an alright return for him with Pearson tho. Jim has made mistakes like all GM's.

I wish we had more success with drafting and seeing players develop and make the NHL who weren't 1st round picks. Some of those selections are still to be determined with OJ and Jake. I am really pulling for Jake to be an effective top 6 winger for us. He has great speed, shows glimpses of driving to the net just needs better finish and his shot is alright some good snipes but a lot of shots to the chest.

We need the Lind and gadjovich type picks to make our team and be an impactful player in the NHL. I like both of those players, hope they train hard and have a good training camp showing so they can get a pre season game or two before going back to Utica.

I guess with Loui the prevailing idea was he'd be with the Sedins for at least 3, and maybe more years if the twins signed an extension. Cleary that was optimistic on Jims part and probably Linden too. I think Sutter was signed with the idea that he'd be an important supporting piece to that whole Sedin window thing. 

Gag's.... that one I hated from the get-go. 

I think we're going to see some of the later round picks start to make appearances within the next two seasons. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Upvote 2