The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pettersson wows on world stage ......again.

cuporbust

Hey guys. Just thought everyone would like to see how Petey s summer has been going . He hasnt slowed down wowing spectators during the off season. This kid is something special. 

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks-pettersson-world-championship-moves?fbclid=IwAR1P7qN1mrR1_Rewq-cuyNC5YPmjRTLRSmEbE83C3j9fw1To35lkIJ7wYMM#.XNbepMKLajI.facebook

23 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Ya man. Kid is no joke. Elite.  And to think he was passed up on by 4 teams 

I really do think that we got the grand prize in the 2017 draft.

2015:  McDavid

2016:  Matthews

2017:  Pettersson

I think when all is said and done, Pettersson and Heiskanen will be known as the true superstars of the 2017 draft.    

I must admit that it has been a very very low bar when it has come to the Canucks drafting record

,but recently with J.B. AND HIS TEAM we have done so much better even though we have been hurt by the lotto draft four years straight, as in going the wrong way in order of picking our future players.

Here's hoping for more good players and here's hoping (NEXT YEAR) for maybe a 1,2,or 3 pick since we have not had any since 1999,Aand maybe our first 1OA pick ever. pick ever.Apparently the web says we have never ever had one in fifty years.

3 hours ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

I think when all is said and done, Pettersson and Heiskanen will be known as the true superstars of the 2017 draft.    

What about Cale Makar? If I am not mistaken Benning has Makar higher than Pettersson. 

3 hours ago, iinatcc said:

What about Cale Makar? If I am not mistaken Benning has Makar higher than Pettersson. 

Makar was ranked one step above Hughes as second best prospect in the planet this Spring...same position EP was in (behind Dahlin) last year...he’s a going to be great too.

Just need to find a player that thinks at his level, no knock to boeser but he doesn’t have the creativity to his game, he’s a pure sniper and great guy to have the puck pop out to but I’m more in sight of a player that petey can spin defenders heads around with before the puck pops out to Bowes I’m so excited to see what other prospects that we drafted turn out to Be studs 

11 hours ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

Ya I agree . Makar and Hieskanen are up there too, but he has out played both hischier and Patrick for sure .

30 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Just need to find a player that thinks at his level, no knock to boeser but he doesn’t have the creativity to his game, he’s a pure sniper and great guy to have the puck pop out to but I’m more in sight of a player that petey can spin defenders heads around with before the puck pops out to Bowes I’m so excited to see what other prospects that we drafted turn out to Be studs 

I suggested caufield a long time before he climbed up the rankings . I still believe either him , newhook or Krebs could be exactly what u are suggesting.  

Gotta be lucky to be good I guess. 

Edit...

because of surprised face thing...

on the second play...

... as if he intended to kick the puck into an opposing player’s stick-check and have it then be deflected into that play. 

If the dman hadn’t got his stick on that puck it would have not been the same result, hence, the luck to be good/good to be Lucky comment, which is apt in this case. 

10 hours ago, DADDYROCK said:

I must admit that it has been a very very low bar when it has come to the Canucks drafting record

,but recently with J.B. AND HIS TEAM we have done so much better even though we have been hurt by the lotto draft four years straight, as in going the wrong way in order of picking our future players.

Here's hoping for more good players and here's hoping (NEXT YEAR) for maybe a 1,2,or 3 pick since we have not had any since 1999,Aand maybe our first 1OA pick ever. pick ever.Apparently the web says we have never ever had one in fifty years.

We have been hurt by signing hacks that we don’t need that don’t do anything except hurt our draft ranking.

8 hours ago, iinatcc said:

I think general consensus is right and the picks only change based on their development and luck.

If Hughes and Kappo busts and our 10th pick becomes the best player in the draft, it doesn’t mean Benning is a draft genius because he most likely has Hughes and Kappo ahead if our number 10. The closer truth would be like EP and Hughes turns him into a force.

Like the Jagr and Nedved thing, we would have surely ruined Jagr’s career and  Mario Lemieux would have most likely made Nedved into a superstar. Whether the superstar version of Nedved would last as long as Jagr has, probably not, but would be interesting to see what peak form Nedved would look like.

10 hours ago, DADDYROCK said:

"JB AND HIS TEAM", meaning what? The entire current team of scouts, or just the new guys? Not looking to start a spat, but wanting to extract some meaning here.

A lot of folks suggest that Ron Delorme (for an example), who has been around here from before Benning's time, has been a failure as an amateur scout. This being said, there's this article: https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/kuzma-ron-delorme-delivered-first-hard-sell-to-get-elias-pettersson-on-canucks-draft-radar

“Ronnie saw him early and was a loud voice for him right from the start — even before any of us had seen him,” recalled Canucks general manager Jim Benning. “He was in my office and said ‘we’ve really got to watch this guy.’ He loved his skill and hockey sense.

regards,  G.

Archived