The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Lucic Trade

26 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Extra year, worse player and NMC screwing with expansion draft. 

Not worth it to go up two pics. 

Plus Lucic wants to be closer to family, so in reality he's only going to waive to come here most likely. And LE will have a much more moveable contract after July 1st, therefore Edmonton could flip him out and rid themselves altogether of the anchor and we will be helping out a divisional rival. Edmonton would take some value off if they are willing to make the deal before July 1st to eat the payout, but even then I would expect more in return.

Edmonton gains way to much between LE and Lucic, so it'll take quite a bit to even it up for me.

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, Bobber75 said:

It's very simple Lucic for Loui and swap of first round picks!  Meaning Canucks pick 8th!

No I don't like it, to sweet for Edm. Lucic + Poolparty or maybe 2nd round pick for LE. It has to be lopsided for Vancouver to do this deal. Period.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Moving up to 8th is nowhere near worth that. We are going to lose a good young player to expansion and have an unmovable contract for someone that literally does nothing positive. After Eriksson's signing bonus is paid out and his modified NTC kicks in he will be very easy to move. In 2020-21 he will have a salary of 1 million with the cap hit of 6 million and have to submit a 15 team no-trade list. Hardly an anchor by any stretch of the mind. 

That is an attractive contract even if the player never sets foot on the ice for a cap floor team. 

@Alflives proposal is way closer and even then I wouldn't give them the 6th rounder myself, but Alf seems like a generous soul. 

I can't believe how many people don't understand how terrible Looch's contract really is. It's not even in the same stratosphere as Eriksson's. Eriksson's was always bad but had built into it ways to make it a lot more palatable, looch's didn't. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, JAVA-1 said:

How about instead of LE we move Sutter to Edm for Lucic ++ (Poolparty and a pick). Then we can move LE after his bonus is paid out.

Sutter for Lucic + 8 OA?  Sounds like a fair trade.

Then, like you say, move Loui after his bonus.  

Help me out here contract guru's.

Am I mistaken in my belief that if Lucic waives his NMC to go to Van, he's waived his NMC altogether and therefore wouldn't require protection in the expansion draft?

Edited by luckylager

6 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Help me out here contract guru's.

Am I mistaken in my belief that if Lucic waives his NMC to go to Van, he's waived his NMC altogether and therefore wouldn't require protection in the expansion draft?

For Lucic to accept a trade the team acquiring him would have to sign an addendum (written by Lucic's agent) to the effect that the his waiving is only a one time deal, and the NMC is goes with him.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

For Lucic to accept a trade the team acquiring him would have to sign an addendum (written by Lucic's agent) to the effect that the his waiving is only a one time deal, and the NMC is goes with him.  

Good point Alf.  I would think that Lucic would want to finish his career on whatever team he is traded to.  Oh...and buying him out is not an options, so...let me review...whoever ends up with him, will have him for the duration of his contract AND have to protect him at the ED and likely lose a more valuable player.  Loui's contract is easier to deal with.

F#$@ the 8th overall and F#$@ the Oilers.   Try to get a 15-20 pick.

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

But it could be negotiated to remove/alter the clause when he comes to town?