The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

12 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

skip to 2:20 anyone know is he hurt?

Definitely looks like he got hurt. Haven’t heard anything as to the severity of the injury:

(I’m posting from a campground with one bar of 3G, so not sure if the vid will embed properly)

EDIT: Apparently he returned that game, and double shifted to start the 3rd period, so he must have been ok. Not sure about the KHL’s concussion protocols, however. Hopefully he’s fine.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Definitely looks like he got hurt. Haven’t heard anything as to the severity of the injury:

(I’m posting from a campground with one bar of 3G, so not sure if the vid will embed properly)

EDIT: Apparently he returned that game, and double shifted to start the 3rd period, so he must have been ok. Not sure about the KHL’s concussion protocols, however. Hopefully he’s fine.

Not sure if I'm too worried about concussion there. His head didn't see to hit the post, looked more like his back did. I'm more worried about the knee and ankle from that turn, but if he came back and got double shifted, I'd assume he's fine.

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

Not sure if I'm too worried about concussion there. His head didn't see to hit the post, looked more like his back did. I'm more worried about the knee and ankle from that turn, but if he came back and got double shifted, I'd assume he's fine.

I read he even stayed on the bench for a post game exhibition shootout, so I’d imagine if there was any injury, he’d have headed to the dressing room immediately following the actual game, if not before.

Plus the fact he finished the game and didn’t appear to have his minutes reduced or any cautionary measures (like not double shifting him).

For now, I’m gonna assume he’s fine.

(I couldn’t really watch the video because I’m camping and I just get a few seconds before it starts buffering.)

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I read he even stayed on the bench for a post game exhibition shootout, so I’d imagine if there was any injury, he’d have headed to the dressing room immediately following the actual game, if not before.

Plus the fact he finished the game and didn’t appear to have his minutes reduced or any cautionary measures (like not double shifting him).

For now, I’m gonna assume he’s fine.

(I couldn’t really watch the video because I’m camping and I just get a few seconds before it starts buffering.)

Russian gas is a real thing lol 

The more I watch the Canucks in the playoffs, the more I realize they need a player like what Podkozln has done in his career so far of a big winger that hits and forechecks like a much smaller player would and has the hands to be a reliable secondary scoring option that can play up and down the line-up if needed. It's going to be fun to see how he will fit in with Petterson or Horvat or Gaudette?

Most Likely Gaudette but would be interesting to see what he can do in a top 6 role. 

6 hours ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

The more I watch the Canucks in the playoffs, the more I realize they need a player like what Podkozln has done in his career so far of a big winger that hits and forechecks like a much smaller player would and has the hands to be a reliable secondary scoring option that can play up and down the line-up if needed. It's going to be fun to see how he will fit in with Petterson or Horvat or Gaudette?

Most Likely Gaudette but would be interesting to see what he can do in a top 6 role. 

Beside Pettersson for me. Podz retrieving pucks and going to the net opens up so much room for Petey and he can tap in Petey's passes

• Cheers 1