The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I believe he has grown 2-3 inches since we drafted him..  pretty sure he was listed at 6 even at the draft..  now running 6’3

JV better do something amazing before Vas shows up, if he doesn't he'll lose any hope of 2nd line play, imo if JV blows it again then he'll also have to deal with Hogs as well, poor sap better get his **** together this year or I'd say he's done here easily with those two breathing down his neck for his potential best roster spot.. honestly I've been on JV's train for awhile waiting for him to really break out but..  lost patience with his b.s. 

I hope he comes back this year with his head on right but I'm not holding my breath...

• Cheers 1

On 11/12/2020 at 5:04 PM, Outsiders said:

I can't wait for Podz to get over to Vancouver. 

Miller-Pettersson-Podkolzin 

I think this line could be incredible. JT is so good at retrieving pucks and winning battles it is perfect for Podkolzin to play along side him. Pod does this very well and has enough skills and IQ to play along side Petey. Could be a great puck possession line.

Then after this season

Hoglander-Horvat-Boeser 

The HoBo line!!!

• Haha 2

On 11/13/2020 at 9:23 PM, TheRocket18 said:

although i must sadly state i didn't know linden vey was his linemate...

Had no idea either but Pods is just warming up for lift off, too much drive to fail I think, he just keeps getting better even with crappy ice time but finally getting his shot was inevitable, too smart and skilled to be kept out of it, I'm liking the potential of this team and with Pods we're one big step closer, the kid is slick! With better linemates and ice time since his draft Day we'd be even more stoked about him since I'm sure his numbers would be a lot better... I still can hardly believe we got him... 

Edited by iceman64
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, TheRocket18 said:

still cannot believe we snagged the top russian in the draft.

this gonna be way  better than 02 koltzov.

hope he has flashes of that 6th rounder we had back in 89.

I hope our 6th round pick this year keeps having flashes of that 6th rounder from 89 as well!

• Cheers 2

14 hours ago, iceman64 said:

JV better do something amazing before Vas shows up, if he doesn't he'll lose any hope of 2nd line play, imo if JV blows it again then he'll also have to deal with Hogs as well, poor sap better get his **** together this year or I'd say he's done here easily with those two breathing down his neck for his potential best roster spot.. honestly I've been on JV's train for awhile waiting for him to really break out but..  lost patience with his b.s. 

I hope he comes back this year with his head on right but I'm not holding my breath...

I feel the same iceman,.

time to grow up, stand and account for something..  even then,  I think Podz is going to make Jake expendable,.  Hopefully for at least a 2nd rnd pick.

In a perfect world , I see Podz exploding on our team the first opportunity he gets..

the kid is all hammer and nails,.   Jake is still playing in a sandbox.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

All with 2 mins of ice time... Ok kidding but since his outing at the tourney I expect he'll see more ice team but who knows, it's not like he's not coming to North America soon.. think it depends a lot of how the team does, as in, are they winning without him on the ice anyway? Haven't looked at their stats but he's going full out now and won't be disregarded easily... 

Like it when your draft pick does that despite being buried.. 

Wtg Pods! F them! 

5 hours ago, Rubik said:

i know everybody's very excited about Podkolzin, but please do not forget with whom he's playing with... :P even we would be racking up the points ahaha

ssdx.jpg

I know you’re joking about Vey, but Marchenko is actually a legit prospect.

Second round pick of Columbus. He’ll probably play in the NHL in the next year or two.

• Cheers 4

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I know you’re joking about Vey, but Marchenko is actually a legit prospect.

Second round pick of Columbus. He’ll probably play in the NHL in the next year or two.

That’s a good line for the KHL. Linden Vey isn’t an NHL player but since he’s been in the KHL he’s always top 3 on his team in points.

Comments re Podkolzn in Sortsnet

Dan Marr, director of NHL Central Scouting

Vasili Podkolzin -- Vancouver Canucks

Another standout for Russia at the Karjala Cup, the 10th pick in the 2019 NHL Draft captained the young squad to victory and led the tournament in scoring with five points in three games. 

Despite his recent success, the 19-year-old hasn’t had the breakout many expected from his second KHL season. He has four points in 19 contests and he’s averaging just 11:58 in ice time per game on a deep SKA St. Petersburg team.

While the powerful two-way winger has the tools to become a good NHL player, Pechonkin says he needs to work on his skating and he has questions about his maturity after seeing him sulk when he was benched for the third period of a game against Avangard Omsk in September.

“He was just sitting there and didn't even watch the game,” said Pechonkin.

“You have to control your emotions, control your feelings in a way and still be with the team,” he continued.

39 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Comments re Podkolzn in Sortsnet

Except he actually has 6 points in 21 games and that same article praises Toronto prospect Rodion Amirov for his 6 points in 19 KHL games. Also praising his 3 goals in the Karjala Cup while basically dismissing Podkolzins performance as the tournaments leading scorer. It says he was a stand out at the tournament then instantly starts talking down about him. Standard eastern bias.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Except he actually has 6 points in 21 games and that same article praises Toronto prospect Rodion Amirov for his 6 points in 19 KHL games. Also praising his 3 goals in the Karjala Cup while basically dismissing Podkolzins performance as the tournaments leading scorer. It says he was a stand out at the tournament then instantly starts talking down about him. Standard eastern bias.

Hes not a perfect player. Why are you assuming he should be referred to as such.

2 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Hes not a perfect player. Why are you assuming he should be referred to as such.

Not assuming anything of the sort. Simply pointing out that the author of that article states that Podkolzin, with 6 points in 21 games 'hasn't had the breakout many expected from his second KHL season' but Amirov with 6 points in 19 games 'has continued to open eyes'. Both are strong, legitimate prospects in their own right with strengths and weaknesses but both have essentially the same production in the same league and one is praised and the other is criticized. To me this demonstrates bias.