The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Seems like a harsh reaction to a single penalty, but the KHL doesn't &^@# around when it comes to younger players 

No sh1t. Gets benched the other game for a while but gets put out there to defend a lead and score an empty netter. I’m not sure there are many coaches in North America that would employ that tactic. But hey maybe this is making Podz turn into one mentally strong individual. Let’s hope for the best and get him a Nuck uni ASAP. 

5 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

No sh1t. Gets benched the other game for a while but gets put out there to defend a lead and score an empty netter. I’m not sure there are many coaches in North America that would employ that tactic. But hey maybe this is making Podz turn into one mentally strong individual. Let’s hope for the best and get him a Nuck uni ASAP. 

I prefer the approach of cutting young players some slack as they make mistakes and go through growing pains, whereas the KHL seems very focused on winning at all costs despite inconsistent player usage (Podz) 

Can't wait to have him over here, he doesn't even need to blow me away in his rookie season, just having him in an environment committed to developing his game as well as possible would be good enough for me 

12 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I prefer the approach of cutting young players some slack as they make mistakes and go through growing pains, whereas the KHL seems very focused on winning at all costs despite inconsistent player usage (Podz) 

Can't wait to have him over here, he doesn't even need to blow me away in his rookie season, just having him in an environment committed to developing his game as well as possible would be good enough for me 

The tough love can work if the player has the right mentality.

A dude like Podz seems like the type that doesn't sulk and probably at one point benefited from that style of coaching.

However if this was based on one penalty, that's a bit over the top.

I think once he gets here and realizes he won't get benched for every mistake he makes we will see him be more effective offensively, since he won't be playing as conservative, worried about making a mistake.

3 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

A dude like Podz seems like the type that doesn't sulk and probably at one point benefited from that style of coaching.

I think once he gets here and realizes he won't get benched for every mistake he makes we will see him be more effective offensively, since he won't be playing as conservative, worried about making a mistake.

You sure that's the direction you want to go?

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I guess you haven't had a chance to convince Travis Green, given his decision to not play Joulevi, and bench Jake on the slightest mistake. :)

Edited by gurn
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, gurn said:

I guess you haven't had a chance to convince Travis Green, given his decision to not play Joulevi, and bench Jake on the slightest mistake. :)

Green just needs to be punted/allowed to walk at the end of the season.. 

Punt GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Upvote 1

Not fun seeing a kid like Podz get benched for almost two thirds of the game. Sucks but it happens. Can’t wait to see him over here soon. The future is bright with this kid. Better yet, I’d save him for next season but I wouldn’t mind him getting into the lineup if we make the playoffs. He’s a kid who can do damage whenever he’s out there on the ice. 

On 3/8/2021 at 1:41 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

#FreePodz

How much longer are you out.. if you wish to visit your family back in Sweden for a cop weeks I can drive you to the airport.. 

#winningstreak

Podz is going to look great on our 3rd line next season.

50 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

How much longer are you out.. if you wish to visit your family back in Sweden for a cop weeks I can drive you to the airport.. 

#winningstreak

Podz is going to look great on our 3rd line next season.

Apparently it's at least another week, or so I am told.  Sweden is beautiful this time of year.  I may not come back for awhile.  So the upper body injury may linger into the Spring.  :)

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Ehhhhh, does the name Virt sound familiar?

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Apparently it's at least another week, or so I am told.  Sweden is beautiful this time of year.  I may not come back for awhile.  So the upper body injury may linger into the Spring.  :)

I don't think so.