Great game hopefully the coach keeps his minutes up! The way he plays he’s effective in so many different facets of the game. It’s mind boggling the days the coach decides to staple this kid to the bench.

18 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Deja vu all over again. Pods is not getting much ice time, goes off to play in a tournament, does great, comes back to KHL, coach is impressed with his tournament play and gives him better ice time and he blossoms. Didn't we just do this last year?

But yet we have a handful of posters who know little about hockey and next to nothing about the day to day in Russia yammering on about his deployment as if they even understand a shred of what's going on. :frantic: Funny stuff. 

18 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Deja vu all over again. Pods is not getting much ice time, goes off to play in a tournament, does great, comes back to KHL, coach is impressed with his tournament play and gives him better ice time and he blossoms. Didn't we just do this last year?

But yet we have a handful of posters who know little about hockey and next to nothing about the day to day in Russia yammering on about his deployment as if they even understand a shred of what's going on. :frantic: Funny stuff. 

• Hydration 1

On 11/12/2020 at 5:04 PM, reyezone said:

He will also be a very big man when all is said and done. His neck is a little freaky for a 19yo. I am seeing an Ovi style player, obviously Podz doesn’t have Ovi’s elite skill, but he does use quick thinking skill and timing to take advantage of the reckless style he attacks with. It just keeps coming up for me as a totally biased, homer, blue and green coloured glasses comparison.
go Nucks go

I believe he has grown 2-3 inches since we drafted him..  pretty sure he was listed at 6 even at the draft..  now running 6’3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I believe he has grown 2-3 inches since we drafted him..  pretty sure he was listed at 6 even at the draft..  now running 6’3

JV better do something amazing before Vas shows up, if he doesn't he'll lose any hope of 2nd line play, imo if JV blows it again then he'll also have to deal with Hogs as well, poor sap better get his **** together this year or I'd say he's done here easily with those two breathing down his neck for his potential best roster spot.. honestly I've been on JV's train for awhile waiting for him to really break out but..  lost patience with his b.s. 

I hope he comes back this year with his head on right but I'm not holding my breath...

• Hydration 1

still cannot believe we snagged the top russian in the draft.

this gonna be way  better than 02 koltzov.

hope he has flashes of that 6th rounder we had back in 89.

• Like 2

On 11/12/2020 at 5:04 PM, Outsiders said:

I can't wait for Podz to get over to Vancouver. 

Miller-Pettersson-Podkolzin 

I think this line could be incredible. JT is so good at retrieving pucks and winning battles it is perfect for Podkolzin to play along side him. Pod does this very well and has enough skills and IQ to play along side Petey. Could be a great puck possession line.

Then after this season

Hoglander-Horvat-Boeser 

The HoBo line!!!

• Haha 2

On 11/13/2020 at 9:23 PM, TheRocket18 said:

although i must sadly state i didn't know linden vey was his linemate...

Had no idea either but Pods is just warming up for lift off, too much drive to fail I think, he just keeps getting better even with crappy ice time but finally getting his shot was inevitable, too smart and skilled to be kept out of it, I'm liking the potential of this team and with Pods we're one big step closer, the kid is slick! With better linemates and ice time since his draft Day we'd be even more stoked about him since I'm sure his numbers would be a lot better... I still can hardly believe we got him... 

Edited by iceman64
  • Like 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, TheRocket18 said:

still cannot believe we snagged the top russian in the draft.

this gonna be way  better than 02 koltzov.

hope he has flashes of that 6th rounder we had back in 89.

I hope our 6th round pick this year keeps having flashes of that 6th rounder from 89 as well!

• Hydration 2

14 hours ago, iceman64 said:

JV better do something amazing before Vas shows up, if he doesn't he'll lose any hope of 2nd line play, imo if JV blows it again then he'll also have to deal with Hogs as well, poor sap better get his **** together this year or I'd say he's done here easily with those two breathing down his neck for his potential best roster spot.. honestly I've been on JV's train for awhile waiting for him to really break out but..  lost patience with his b.s. 

I hope he comes back this year with his head on right but I'm not holding my breath...

I feel the same iceman,.

time to grow up, stand and account for something..  even then,  I think Podz is going to make Jake expendable,.  Hopefully for at least a 2nd rnd pick.

In a perfect world , I see Podz exploding on our team the first opportunity he gets..

the kid is all hammer and nails,.   Jake is still playing in a sandbox.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

All with 2 mins of ice time... Ok kidding but since his outing at the tourney I expect he'll see more ice team but who knows, it's not like he's not coming to North America soon.. think it depends a lot of how the team does, as in, are they winning without him on the ice anyway? Haven't looked at their stats but he's going full out now and won't be disregarded easily... 

Like it when your draft pick does that despite being buried.. 

Wtg Pods! F them! 

i know everybody's very excited about Podkolzin, but please do not forget with whom he's playing with... :P even we would be racking up the points ahaha

ssdx.jpg

Edited by Rubik
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rubik said:

i know everybody's very excited about Podkolzin, but please do not forget with whom he's playing with... :P even we would be racking up the points ahaha

ssdx.jpg

I know you’re joking about Vey, but Marchenko is actually a legit prospect.

Second round pick of Columbus. He’ll probably play in the NHL in the next year or two.

• Hydration 4

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I know you’re joking about Vey, but Marchenko is actually a legit prospect.

Second round pick of Columbus. He’ll probably play in the NHL in the next year or two.

That’s a good line for the KHL. Linden Vey isn’t an NHL player but since he’s been in the KHL he’s always top 3 on his team in points.