The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Maple Leafs trade Patrick Marleau, 2020 conditional 1st-round pick, 2020 7th-round pick to Hurricanes for 2020 6th-round pick

Just now, CanuckGAME said:

People should look at this price to get rid if Marleaus contract and then re-assess the value needed in return if we were to take on Lucics disgusting contract.

You'd have to send Eriksson the other way. Edmonton would need to add a 2nd+ or a top prospect like Puljujarvi or Yamamoto

• Upvote 1

Can't believe people think Dumbas is doing a good job over there.   Their franchise is weakening longterm with every move he makes and they haven't accomplished a thing on the ice yet.  

The compensation for a potential Marner offer sheet/trade could have set their organization up for a legit dynasty, now they'll have to dismantle both the defense & forwards in one off-season just to sign one kid.

Would've been difficult & unpopular,  but the better option longterm to explore moving on from Marner imo.

I wonder if Aqua Man has told Jim that he is not stroking a cheque for a body that will not play, just for extra picks. Jim might not have the ok to just add expensive dead weight. Aqua Man doesn’t come across as the type to sign cheque’s with a rubber stamp...

8B4B31E8-AFE0-44C6-8FF6-906DBD3C0FFD.gif

5 minutes ago, John McClane said:

I wonder if Aqua Man has told Jim that he is not stroking a cheque for a body that will not play, just for extra picks. Jim might not have the ok to just add expensive dead weight. Aqua Man doesn’t come across as the type to sign cheque’s with a rubber stamp...

8B4B31E8-AFE0-44C6-8FF6-906DBD3C0FFD.gif

Really?  Where do you get this from????  Because Aquilini hasn't spared a single penny for this franchise since taking over.  One thing you cant say about him is that he is cheap when it comes to the Vancouver Canucks.

Not sure where people get their info from.  Probably just made up,  aquilini may have done some things in the past but the one thing hes never done has been cheap with the Canucks.  He pinches his pennies elsewhere like cranberry farms :lol:

Edited by CanuckGAME
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Really?  Where do you get this from????  Because Aquilini hasn't spared a single penny for this franchise since taking over.  One thing you cant say about him is is is cheap when it comes to the Vancouver Canucks.

Not sure where people get their info from.  Probably just made up,  aquilini may have done some things in the past but the one thing hes never done has been cheap with the Canucks.  He pinches his pennies elsewhere like cranberry farms :lol:

You can read right??

might want to re read my post. Never said I got this from anywhere. I was just postulating a possibility. Perhaps in this case Aqua Man just said No, to spending his money this way. 

Just relax and read things more carefully next time.

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, John McClane said:

You can read right??

might want to re read my post. Never said I got this from anywhere. I was just postulating a possibility. Perhaps in this case Aqua Man just said No, to spending his money this way. 

Just relax and read things more carefully next time.

I read it perfectly fine.

You were trying to paint aquilini in a negative light and rumor mongering.  You just pulled out "aquilini must have said no" out of your ass.   Maybe Santa claus and his elves told Jim no.  See, I can make up random baseless **** too.

13 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Can't believe people think Dumbas is doing a good job over there.   Their franchise is weakening longterm with every move he makes and they haven't accomplished a thing on the ice yet.  

The compensation for a potential Marner offer sheet/trade could have set their organization up for a legit dynasty, now they'll have to dismantle both the defense & forwards in one off-season just to sign one kid.

Would've been difficult & unpopular,  but the better option longterm to explore moving on from Marner imo.

I honestly don't think I've seen anyone say Dumbass is doing a good job.