The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade J.T. Miller to Canucks for Marek Mazanec, 2019 3rd-round pick, 2020 conditional 1st-round pick

1 minute ago, MikeBossy said:

26 yr old guy decent size signed at a very cap friendly price for 4 more years and we are whining about a 1st round pick for him? 

Yes.  A 1st is far too expensive.

Look at the guys we've gotten in the 1st round the past few seasons.  We just gave up adding another piece in next year or the year afters draft.

When the draft is your strength and you trade your #1 chip that's just ugly.

I do like Miller, but maybe using that 1st for a Dman would have been a better way to spend that currency.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Guys, its not "not ready to be good". Its not a misunderstanding that you have to give to get.

We are the 2nd worst team in the NHL last 4 years combined.

This is not the time to be trading away a 1st round pick for a 2nd line player. Especially when the team your trading with is cash strapped & need to move him contract anyways! 

Well you’re wrong because the JB ass-lickers are telling us otherwise :rolleyes:

:wacko:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Canucks fans are brutal. Stop crying. It’s time to make the playoffs. 

Welcome, J.T. 

Jb most likely got more trades up his sleeve so pace yourselves with the tears. 

What I don't get is, do the pampers crowd really think a mid to late first rounder in 2021 is worth that much? They are hit and miss in general. JT Miller is a perfect fit for this team, size grit, 50pt C/LW and only 26  - Do they really think the team  will miss in 2021?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Guys, its not "not ready to be good". Its not a misunderstanding that you have to give to get.

We are the 2nd worst team in the NHL last 4 years combined.

This is not the time to be trading away a 1st round pick for a 2nd line player. Especially when the team your trading with is cash strapped & need to move him contract anyways! 

Yea, Benning can draft but cannot trade or sign players, WTF no team in the canucks situation should be trading 1st rounders for 3rd line players 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, ItalianCanuck1 said:

Nothing wrong with the player, don't like the trade. 

I hate giving away a 1st round.

My feelings exactly.  It was said earlier that the Canucks are betting on themselves with this trade.  Not sure if it's time yet for the Canucks to be betting on themselves.  There are still too many questions on defense to be betting on yourself.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Do people really think teams are just going to give away 50 point players with term on a good contract?

The problem people have on here is that they make up these ridiculous values for players and then are disappointed when they cost more.

Miller would easily fetch a 1st and a prospect at the trade deadline, difference is we'll be getting him for the whole year.

The plan should be to make the playoffs by 2021 so that first round pick should be around the 20th. A pick like that can always be recouped later.

I'm excited our top 6 is finally shaping up:

Panarin - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson Horvat Miller

If we can dump Eriksson and go all in on Panarin, that 1st pick will likely be a late one.

Brutal top 6 IMO, not a playoff caliber top 6.  I’m good with the 1st line, but as a 2nd?

1st and a 3rd for Miller? ROFL  I’m not convinced we are a playoff team anytime soon.

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

No, he said he wouldn't trade top picks for rentals. He didn't. Stop crying it's pathetic. 

WADR, he's &^@#ing J.T Miller