The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade J.T. Miller to Canucks for Marek Mazanec, 2019 3rd-round pick, 2020 conditional 1st-round pick

Just now, Generational.EP40 said:

Jesus Christ

Potential Sens pick scenario 2.0

...unless we get a Panarin or something in FA, I don’t get what made management so confident of giving away our 1st which could very well be a lottery pick. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5436796

• Cheers 2

I like the deal upon reflection. Gives us a top 6 forward and puts internal pressure on the team and Jim to make us contenders. They feel we are close and this will put the pressure on us to get better and make the playoffs. I love the condition on the pick. If were not in the playoffs we keep the pick! I was hoping for Barrie but I can live with this deal.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Specz said:

People acting like our first next year would've gotten Connor Mcdavid by another GM. Can you all relax until we hear the conditions? JT Miller is exactly what we need for the exact cap hit we need moving forward. Chill out for a second and think about it.

It's a conditional 1st.  Miss the playoffs next year and the pick is in 2021 instead of 2020. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, warrchief said:

We gave up an emergency goalie but I feel you though

Jim Bennings on record saying teams aren’t willing to give up firsts except for elite talent that’s why we can’t acquire any a 50 point 2/3 line Center isn’t elite. 

Full cap relief a propspect goalie and the third fine throw in  a 1st  and it’s a stupidly bad trade by a gm that’ll be looking for work next year. 

6 minutes ago, mpt said:

Totally worth a 1st rounder for a 3rd line center behind Petey and Bo

He's a winger, although he can player center, in Tampa he was a winger.

Edited by Baer.