The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade J.T. Miller to Canucks for Marek Mazanec, 2019 3rd-round pick, 2020 conditional 1st-round pick

1 minute ago, DontMessMe said:

F... Its gonna win the lottery just watch (assuming we miss playoffs due to crap ton of injury)

Hahaha.  Calling it now.

It would be so Canuckish that we would win the lottery in 2021.  

I like it. If you can get a 60-70 point player in a first round pick, then you’re an incredible drafter. Benning knows what he’s doing. He’ll either play with Petey on the top line or centre the third line. I’m excited. 

1 minute ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

JT Miller was one of the hardest working guys in Tampa XD cry harder, boys. I'm thirsty! 

Hard work is great... if I was being paid 5 million dollars a year I would work hard too but if Jim traded a first round pick for me he should be fired automatically.

5 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

Bro, we're making the playoffs in 2021 - look at our group, add in Tryamkin, Juolevi, Podkolzin, and whomever we sign on D as ufas. come on. This trade shows JB has confidence that the moves he's making is getting us back in THIS year alone

You know we will be eating a hefty recapture penalty for Luongo's contract soon.

Giving up a first, that could potentially be a lottery pick in 2021 is a big no no.  If both years were protected, I wouldn't feel as sh*tty.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

Yes.  A 1st is far too expensive.

Look at the guys we've gotten in the 1st round the past few seasons.  We just gave up adding another piece in next year or the year afters draft.

When the draft is your strength and you trade your #1 chip that's just ugly.

I do like Miller, but maybe using that 1st for a Dman would have been a better way to spend that currency.

Fair arguments but I am assuming JB has got the green light to go hard at top UFA's this year from Aqua man. Maybe he's going all in on AP and UFA dmen? What happens if he pulls that off?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

Wow.  A !@#$% first rounder?

Just as I feared...a save my job type of moveby Benning.

Tampa doing cartwheels. We help them with their cap crunch AND send a conditional first rounder. 

Thank you slum lord. Hope your two home playoff dates in the first round in the next couple of years are worth the extra years you continue to add to the rebuild.

You sound envious and bitter.  

Just now, Stamkos said:

I like it. If you can get a 60-70 point player in a first round pick, then you’re an incredible drafter. Benning knows what he’s doing. He’ll either play with Petey on the top line or centre the third line. I’m excited. 

We need to get rid of Sutter first but I think Miller plays with Horvat and centres the 2nd powerplay and a pk unit

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Kevin Hayes just signed for over $7 million and has never broken 50 points.

People desperately wanted Hayes before he got traded.

We just got a 50+ point winger centre hybrid under contract for 4 more years at $5.25 million meaning Sutter is as good as gone.

In 2 years that will be the 19th overall pick and people will still be unhappy.

Hayes actually got 54 points last season. Still too much money for Hayes though.

Just now, Stamkos said:

Benning has no idea what he’s doing

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Guys, its not "not ready to be good". Its not a misunderstanding that you have to give to get.

We are the 2nd worst team in the NHL last 4 years combined.

This is not the time to be trading away a 1st round pick for a 2nd line player. Especially when the team your trading with is cash strapped & need to move him contract anyways! 

Honestly, I don’t like a first being added as well but it’s been 5 years in the tank and we have some pretty nice pieces ready to roll into the lineup.  It’s time to can the “we’re still rebuilding” line of thinking. 

JB obviously going to make some moves to bolster the D heading into this season.  

Miller is a strong player and a full season of Pearson along with Bo, Brock and Pettersson that’s a playoff caliber top 6.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1