The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade J.T. Miller to Canucks for Marek Mazanec, 2019 3rd-round pick, 2020 conditional 1st-round pick

8 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

I really hope JB has something else lined up or he just took a massive dump on day 2.  That 1st is a hard pill to swallow.

Not really. It's likely a 1st rounder in 2021 which gives us plenty of time to try and get that 1st rounder back.

• Upvote 3

Person: "GMJB is so stupid! His this trade is garbage and we're going to the worst team in the league for years because he's so dumb, and anyone that doesn't mind this trade is laughably stupid lolololololol"

Same person: "Apparently I'm a troll just because I disagree"

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Person: "GMJB is so stupid! His this trade is garbage and we're going to the worst team in the league for years because he's so dumb, and anyone that doesn't mind this trade is laughably stupid lolololololol"

Same person: "Apparently I'm a troll just because I disagree"

Neither I or cuporbust said anything close to this but aight 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cuporbust said:

So u are happy with the deal. Ok . Lol .

I happy with Miller , dissatisfied with JB s negotiating skills.

Not only am I happy with the deal, I’m ecstatic that we have a GM that understands how to draft, develop, trade and turn a franchise around without thinking he has to screw people to make it.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

JT Miller is actually pretty durable - he played 82, 82, 82 and 75 games in the last 4 seasons.

So was Sutter, but we all know what happened there. Here's to having better luck this time around!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, danaimo said:

I think you overvalue 1st round picks.  Miller has already outperformed the average first round pick in any given year.  There is good reason to believe that he can get better.  Check out hockeydb for stats by draft position.  Below is a link for Miller's draft class.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2011e.html

See how the quality drops off.

What a year for TB draftees! 

2 hours ago, Generational.EP40 said:

I hope you’re ready to be called a “HaTeR”

image.png.19cc08bab9426e3763039220627ae888.png

Only one ever using that term has been you.  Over, and over, and over.  When it comes to name-calling, you need to take a look in the mirror. 

Speaking of, you might want to watch the profanity-laced names you're so cavalierly calling people; the mods aren't likely to take to them very well.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

Lol everyone here hyping it up but aight.

10 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Neither I or cuporbust said anything close to this but aight 

Maybe not a troll but a hypocrite. and easily confused too apparently!!

No-one called it amazing or are hyping it up as you claimed. Citing fair value for a player we need is not calling it amazing nor is it hyping it up.

Edited by RWMc1
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

I can't believe no one is talking about Mazanec.

Does Tampa really want/need him?

Or was he a roster spot we wanted/needed open before July1st?

I need answers.

I had to google that guy.  Can we go over 50 contracts?  Maybe that’s why he went the other way?

Question... since we have committed a 1st round to Tampa one of the next two years. Are we able to trade the 2020/2021 picks away?

lets say we don’t make the playoffs this year and we get our lottery pick. If we trade that 2021 to a team it essential means they have to hand it over to Tampa 

trying to make sense of the whole thing.. if anything could clarify that would be great