The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

Because of the transfer agreement between the NHL and the SHL, can Hogz come over next year if he is ready?  I don't think he can play in the AHL but I think if he plays here, he can come to play in Vancouver.  Could someone who knows more comment as I would like some clarity on the topic.  Thanks all.

There is a benefit to leaving Hoglander in the SEL. He signs his ELC later and becomes a RFA later. Ditto Podkolzin. Remember EP, QH will be going for the big money soon enough and that will leave these two thankfully on ELC. It will do wonder for the Cap Space management. JB doesn't want to sign these guys until he's good and ready.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

There is a benefit to leaving Hoglander in the SEL. He signs his ELC later and becomes a RFA later. Ditto Podkolzin. Remember EP, QH will be going for the big money soon enough and that will leave these two thankfully on ELC. It will do wonder for the Cap Space management. JB doesn't want to sign these guys until he's good and ready.

I agree, Fred.  He might be 'ready' for the NHL, but he wouldn't get the games, toi or the offensive opportunities that he will get in the SWEHL (the premier adult league, not SEL).  It's much better for his development to play in Sweden for a season and become a more complete and possibly impactful player for his team.

• Upvote 1

On 7/23/2019 at 11:08 PM, dpn1 said:

Because of the transfer agreement between the NHL and the SHL, can Hogz come over next year if he is ready?  I don't think he can play in the AHL but I think if he plays here, he can come to play in Vancouver.  Could someone who knows more comment as I would like some clarity on the topic.  Thanks all.

He can play in the AHL.

Nylander, Fiala, Pastrnak all came over as teenagers from Sweden and played in the AHL first.  

On 7/23/2019 at 11:08 PM, dpn1 said:

The agreement you are referring to is between the CHL & NHL. One of two things are required to be eligible for the AHL;  you must have 4 seasons completed in the CHL

or be 20 years old at a certain time of the year.

Europe is different where they can join whenever their european clubs allow them 

I'm so excited for this kid. What a steal. I think he could be good enough to make the team out of camp; but I also agree with the notion that it would likely be best to keep him in Sweden another year and see him develop with more ice time. He hasn't necessarily put up the numbers but there's clearly skill there.

59 minutes ago, Gäz said:

I'm so excited for this kid. What a steal. I think he could be good enough to make the team out of camp; but I also agree with the notion that it would likely be best to keep him in Sweden another year and see him develop with more ice time. He hasn't necessarily put up the numbers but there's clearly skill there.

Why does everyone keep saying this?

I thought he won't be at camp because his SHL season will have already begun.

1 hour ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

I just hope this doesn't turn into Dahlen dilemma confident and wants to play "Now"

hopefully that won't be the case

Not even remotely similar. Hogs is playing in the SHL right now. 

He will come over next year maybe.  Comparing him to the dahlen dilemma is just unwarranted panic at this point imo.

Why would this turn into a similar situation as dahlen? Really.....what at all is similar????

Edit: your post looks like it is simply to get other people worked up for no reason at all.  :frantic:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Not even remotely similar. Hogs is playing in the SHL right now. 

He will come over next year maybe.  Comparing him to the dahlen dilemma is just unwarranted panic at this point imo.

Why would this turn into a similar situation as dahlen? Really.....what at all is similar????

Edit: your post looks like it is simply to get other people worked up for no reason at all.  :frantic:

Looks like it worked ;)

• Haha 4