The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

Swedish Rögle podcast: It´s a rockstar leaving! Avsnitt 105. Det är en rockstjärna som lämnar - Röglepodden | Lyssna här | Poddtoppen.se 

He might not be the biggest star yet but yeah, this is the guy that sells tickets, and this is the main guy that young players wants to sign their equipment in Rögle. Hope the best for Nils to have a succesful run in the NHL!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

3:30ish Nils says that if he doesn't make Vancouver's roster, he will play in the AHL if it means it gets him quicker into the NHL. If not he will go back to Rogle.

I feel he will go to Utica and try it out, if he struggles or seems like he isn't getting what he wants he will elect to go back to Sweden.  Hopefully he sticks around, I think playing in NA will be eye opening for him. Won't have nearly the same level of time and space. I'd like to see how he adjusts to a quicker game and more physical one.

I mean even a minimal amount of games played in either van or uti would be excellent for his development, even if he chooses to finish the season in the SHL. He’ll have a better understanding of the NA game and what will be expected of him.

this is, iirc a step forward from his original statement that he would go back to rogle instead of playing in the ahl no? Or is that just a clause in his contract that he negotiated for this exact instance that he mentionned in the video? 

side not, i really hope he doesn’t change his game too much. The game needs players like him, tarasenko, ovi, marner etc... 

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

I think I read somewhere he was 2 weeks too old

Edit.....Hockey Writers say, must be under 20 years of age

Hoglander's birthday is Dec. 20, 2000

Man that sucks for him!

He doesn't have anything more to prove at the Junior level. Pretty sure he is way more interested in making the Canucks roster.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely some high on Hoglander in his first day at camp:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/virtanen-experiences-deja-vu-canucks-open-camp/

When the Vancouver Canucks officially opened Monday their third camp in 16 months, Swedish rookie dynamo Nils Hoglander skated in the spot that was supposed to be Virtanen’s to lose: on the second line beside Bo Horvat and Tanner Pearson.

Virtanen, who would have been voted the Canuck least likely to return after starting last summer’s playoff tournament as a healthy scratch, was actually re-signed for two years at $2.55 million in October and told he’d be given the chance to earn a job in the top six.

But on Monday, there was the five-foot-eight Hoglander, a 20-year-old second-round pick who has 14 points in 23 games for Rogle this season in the Swedish league, practising with Horvat, darting around the ice and making plays with the puck.

Edited by elvis15