The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Arturs Silovs | G

6 hours ago, BCNate said:

Well his timeline to take over from Demko as starter lines up real nicely doesn't it?

5 years from now? It does! 

13 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

5 years from now? It does! 

3.  this year in the A, next two as backup to Demko.  

At this point, there is no way I'd sign a 30 YO Demko long term.  as good as he can be, I don't see him playing at a high level into his mid 30's with the injuries he has had.

24 minutes ago, BCNate said:

3.  this year in the A, next two as backup to Demko.  

At this point, there is no way I'd sign a 30 YO Demko long term.  as good as he can be, I don't see him playing at a high level into his mid 30's with the injuries he has had.

Who will play with Demko this year then? 
We need Silovs right away.

10 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I still think that Spencer Martin will be Demko's backup next year with Silovs being the call up if either tender gets hurt during the season. The year after that Silovs will be the backup

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

34 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I still think that Spencer Martin will be Demko's backup next year with Silovs being the call up if either tender gets hurt during the season. The year after that Silovs will be the backup

Although Demko's a great goalie, I still question his durability.  Hopefully Martin has a solid start and is able to

retain his career as an NHL backup. This would be the best scenario, as Demko won't have to get into the

more intense situation(s) of multiple games without breaks. It also gives more time for Silovs to develop.

The timing for Silovs to take on the backup role and then develop into the starter is looking very good.

• Cheers 1

I will be looking forward to watching this new Belarusian goaltender Mikita Talapila make his debut in Abby this coming season. So; who might be the top prospect goalie now?

They still have Koskenvuo, Thiessen who are 22 this yr. and Ty Young who is 18 in the reserve list.

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

Martin/Delia.  Silovs is better than both, but needs starts in Abby.  No sense sitting him on the bench 55 or games. 

He will get a number of games this year with the Canucks I'd assume, but most of his games will be in the AHL.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Martin/Delia.  Silovs is better than both, but needs starts in Abby.  No sense sitting him on the bench 55 or games. 

He will get a number of games this year with the Canucks I'd assume, but most of his games will be in the AHL.

I think he's ready to start facing NHL caliber players and shooting. If anything, by the midpoint of the season, make him the permanent backup. 

He proved it last year, and it was funny because some were thinking it could destroy his confidence. 

If that was the case, then he wasn't meant to be. Anyway, He can handle a good 25-30 games a year and take the pressure and workload of Demko. 

He's more than ready.