The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

3 minutes ago, Bubble Man said:

I like how Both LE and Myers have the same cap hit being that they will be equally as disappointing.

For the most part our team is basically the same as last year competitive wise.

Edler is older, and has a contract now. Doesn’t care if he wins which is why he insists on being here.

Hughes is phenomenal but young and his virgin body will wear down. 

Tanev is going to give Sami Salo a run the most injured human ever. 

Stetcher is stetcher sure wish he was taller 

Myers has the coordination of a pubescent and the endurance of my 320 lbs alcoholic uncle Alex.

Benn got that contract not because Benning is a genius but because he isn’t that good. 

TJ Miller isn’t worth a 1st and 3rd. 

Happy Canada Day Homer’s 

This poster should stay on the bubble.

Not ready for prime time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bubble Man said:

I like how Both LE and Myers have the same cap hit being that they will be equally as disappointing.

Edler is older, and has a contract now. Doesn’t care if he wins which is why he insists on being here.

Myers has the coordination of a pubescent and the endurance of my 320 lbs alcoholic uncle Alex.

Benn got that contract not because Benning is a genius but because he isn’t that good. 

Happy Canada Day Homer’s 

Not only there’s no apostrophe in Homers, you’re depressing. Find happiness and don’t post again until you do. We don’t have to suffer your state.

Move along debbiedowner. Move along.

Edited by Me_
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I don't claim to be an expert at contracts and other strategic hockey decisions.

However, if Ferland did agree to sign with the Canucks they would just waive Schaller, could they not?? 

Would think they could move him, even if they have to retain.  Will still save half his salary if he goes to Utica.

Edler Tanev 

Hughes Myers 

Benn Stecher

Pretty descent D

Need a top 6 forward now.

Need more offense so need a forward. Should have tried to make nyquist work. He wanted to come here according to reports. Ep40 was the reason. 

Too bad didn't work. Let's go JB get another top 6 forward. Make a good trade make it happen.

• Upvote 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

This poster should stay on the bubble.

Not ready for prime time.

Arnold Schwarzenegger just called, said he loves the witty in this post. 

Lets keep our fingers crossed, hopefully you’ll get s orange flag on the corner.  

• Wat 1

8 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I am still kinda hopeful for Ferland but don't know if that is realistic at all lol.

That would make us almost lethal with our potential lineup..   

Capfriendly showing us with just over 8m in Capspace.

Boeser still to offer.

Not gonna call out people specifically but some people here are so soft. The media will say what they feel. It doesn’t mean they’re doing it for clicks, or that they’re bad people and reporters because you disagree with them. Getting offended because someone in the media is expressing their own objective opinion is soft. Those guys have made it into the field for a reason.

I personally like the contract and the player. However there’s no doubt that if a team like Edmonton or Boston signed Myers to this deal some of you would say the exact same thing Patterson is. And some of you that are saying “why can’t we just wait before criticizing and writing him off,” would be doing exactly that if he was signing with a rival.

Point is that guys like Patterson are just expressing their opinions. I disagree too with him to a certain extent. But it doesn’t mean he’s fishing for clicks or a bad reporter. Stop being so soft.

1 minute ago, Bubble Man said:

Arnold Schwarzenegger just called, said he loves the witty in this post. 

Lets keep our fingers crossed, hopefully you’ll get s orange flag on the corner.  

Dude, I’d say “quit while you’re ahead” but you’re already far behind. You need to cure yourself of your depression; not spread it. It is highly contagious and today is a fine day.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Me_ said:

With all due respect, the Vancouver media has been sh!t for a couple of decades.

The Canucks could’ve won the Cup in ‘11 and the media would’ve still destroyed the Sedins for being too soft, Burrows for being too much of a pest, Luongo for letting in so many goals, and on and on and on....

Definately the first point, not sure who is worse, vancouver media or TSN..

Flip a coin?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Not only there’s no apostrophe in Homers, you’re depressing. Find happiness and don’t post again until you do. We don’t have to suffer your state.

Move along debbiedowner. Move along.

These boards need more pessimistic takes. Stealth banned all the yangs of the yin and yangs. Now it’s just a bunch of people with hope and positivity. It makes my eyes burn. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 4

18 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I am still kinda hopeful for Ferland but don't know if that is realistic at all lol.

If Ferland were to sign here it would be great.

I would still flip one for one Eriksson for Lucic.

MILLER - PETTERSSON - BOESER

PEARSON - HORVAT - VIRTANEN

LUCIC - SUTTER - FERLAND

LEIVO - BEAGLE - MOTTE (Old News)

Sutter may avoid the injury bug that way...

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Bubble Man said:

Happy Canada Day Homer’s 

BRAVO.... lol

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Grape said:

Point is that guys like Patterson are just expressing their opinions. I disagree too with him to a certain extent. But it doesn’t mean he’s fishing for clicks or a bad reporter. Stop being so soft.

I take Jeff Paterson so seriously, that when he hurts muh feelz I feel bad all day.

• Haha 2

Just now, Bubble Man said:

These boards need more pessimistic takes. Stealth banned all the yangs of the yin and yangs. Now it’s just a bunch of people with hope and positivity. It makes my eyes burn. 

Maybe it was the yin’s that got the ban hammer?  :lol:

i agree that it’s good to have a variety of opinions.  It’s more fun that way.

but I also think that when JB has done s good job we should recognize that.  Petey, Bess, Hughes, great deal on Bo, Demko, and a good supporting cast up here, with top notch prospects coming.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bubble Man said:

Your heart isn’t at the right place.

10 minutes ago, Grape said:

Not gonna call out people specifically but some people here are so soft. The media will say what they feel. It doesn’t mean they’re doing it for clicks, or that they’re bad people and reporters because you disagree with them. Getting offended because someone in the media is expressing their own objective opinion is soft. Those guys have made it into the field for a reason.

I personally like the contract and the player. However there’s no doubt that if a team like Edmonton or Boston signed Myers to this deal some of you would say the exact same thing Patterson is. And some of you that are saying “why can’t we just wait before criticizing and writing him off,” would be doing exactly that if he was signing with a rival.

I'd rather read facts not opinions. That's why i don't bother reading or watching media b.s.

Edited by iceman64
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

His bubble is probably at his mom's house where he lives in the basement watching and echoing patterson and co. and other mindless media..  

Parents basement is a new one, I’ve never heard someone entertain that towards someone they disagree with on the internet. Mind you, wouldn’t this be classified as a personal attack? Hmmm. Nope, You’re making fun of someone who opposes ownership, so it’s all good.