The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

Myers is big, but far from someone who is going to protect the youngstars

Hear you. 

But having size is more intimidating than bunch of 5'10" d men. 

The radio guys said Benn can drop the mitts once in a while. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Hear you. 

But having size is more intimidating than bunch of 5'10" d men. 

The radio guys said Benn can drop the mitts once in a while. 

97 hits from a guy who's 6'8" and 229 lbs. that will send a message. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

While not a fighter at all, just his size alone will make some think twice. 

if he weighed another 20-30 lbs sure. The guy is a giant twig in all reality. His long reach I hope he can capitalize on and use to his advantage ala Chara

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

if he weighed another 20-30 lbs sure. The guy is a giant twig in all reality. His long reach I hope he can capitalize on and use to his advantage ala Chara

I've watched a lot of Jets games. At this price this is pretty much a can't miss deal for a RHD. With Woo and Hughes Myers just needs to be a solid 2nd pairing right side D for next 5 years for this to be good. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Ferland

Rousell Sutter Virtanen

Leivo Beagle Graovac

Motte

Yes please.

What would the price tag on Ferland be?

I hope we can get Ferland or Dzingel signed, and ship out some cap in Sutter. Sutter has value, somebody would take him.

myers drafted by buffalo ,traded to the jets, both situations out of his control , I like how he recognized the canucks need on the back end ,and how he felt he could fill that role ,coupled with the geographical aspect of his decision choosing Vancouver ,for both he and his wife ,and familys. charting his own course this time around. there's a possibility that his game translates into a more complete player ,finally playing for a team of 'his' choice. versus reporting to the team the that drafted ,or traded for him.  he may well be some what passive given his size , but with J. Benn signing , there was mix of  truculence acquired  today ,to balance things out.   :canucks:GCG!

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

He is listed as 6' 8". He can skate though.  Need a big guy to protect Pettey and BB after Gud left. 

That will be Benn, Miller and Rousel's job.  Myers isn't aggressive BUT he wont get pushed around that's for sure!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

That will be Benn, Miller and Rousel's job.  Myers isn't aggressive BUT he wont get pushed around that's for sure!

Y.  Sometimes it is just simple physics.  Defending in a D zone, bigger guys are less likely to get knocked off the puck or position in the slot, assuming the skill level is equivalent.  It's not always about fighting.  JB said he can skate, so he isn't just a pylon. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Brian Burke on Tim and Sid just nailed it....

Tim says according to Twitter, Canuck fans don't like the signing and Burke responds with (paraphrasing) "There's a negative fringe in Vancouver who are active on social media and seem like they speak for the franchise, but they don't. The majority of the fan base is great".

"Maybe it has something to do with the negative media members that the city seems to attract".

FTR, Burkie likes the signing and praised Myers' skill set, saying he basically got stuck behind two other RD's in Winnipeg.

Good ol Burkie isn’t afraid to tell it like it is.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Ferland

Rousell Sutter Virtanen

Leivo Beagle Graovac

Motte

Yes please.

Meh i'd switch up JT to 2nd line and Ferland to Petey's line but alas, in our dreams... :(

10 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

I hope we can get Ferland or Dzingel signed, and ship out some cap in Sutter. Sutter has value, somebody would take him.

Not sure but if we can get him for between 4-5 million he would be a good add.

11 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

40pts, 27yrs ils, 1.800MIL last year...