The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] List of Not Qualified RFAs by Team

10 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

damn kinda shocked about granlund and even hutton.

Both aren't worth much but would be nice to sign and flip in the season for a few picks. in JB I trust though he knows more then me

You don’t think if they could have been flipped for assets they already would have been? Like I get it. Some people around here and beyond think Benning is an idiot and doesn’t know anything. However, to

think he wouldn’t have at least tried to get something for expiring contracts/assets is ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Pickly said:

You don’t think if they could have been flipped for assets they already would have been? Like I get it. Some people around here and beyond think Benning is an idiot and doesn’t know anything. However, to

think he wouldn’t have at least tried to get something for expiring contracts/assets is ridiculous. 

lol ya realized after I posted how dumb it was lol

4 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Stay away JB.

We have progressed past having to pick up this type of fodder.  ::D

For the most part I agree but if he could snag Brett Lernout for a reasonable price, nice high-end AHL, decent NHL fill-in as required.    Always liked his game.   Big body and mobile.   Uses his size well in tough quarters too.

8 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Goldobin

Baertschi Sutter Gaudette

Roussel Beagle Virtanen 

Leivo

Motte

lots of different combos there and depth for injury but no place for Eriksson or Granlund.  Makes sense we didn’t qualify him.  

every line has someone who hits, 4th line looks snarly

Levi an Motte in the barrel too

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Goldobin

Baertschi Sutter Gaudette

Roussel Beagle Virtanen 

Leivo

Motte

lots of different combos there and depth for injury but no place for Eriksson or Granlund.  Makes sense we didn’t qualify him.  

Looks like a playoff team on paper! But we all know Sutter and Baertschi will miss games..... better find takers for them!! Also, we should develop Gaudette as a full time centre!

4 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Looks like a playoff team on paper! But we all know Sutter and Baertschi will miss games..... better find takers for them!! Also, we should develop Gaudette as a full time centre!

Agreed, and it will give them the flexibility for that.  Gaudette as the bottom 6 C backup and Miller as the top 6 C backup.  To your pint and I agree, I would like to see Gaudette start as 3 C and have Sutter on his wing as a mentor before traded at some point.

18 hours ago, milk and honey said:

damn kinda shocked about granlund and even hutton.

Both aren't worth much but would be nice to sign and flip in the season for a few picks. in JB I trust though he knows more then me

I think in Hutton's case, we were down Edler and Hutton was playing basically 25-30 mins a night for us at that point. We couldn't just offload him for some picks. We were still within striking distance of a wildcard spot too. I think the plan was always to hope he would take less to stay here because we still value him as a player, just not at the 4 million dollar price tag.

On 6/25/2019 at 9:23 PM, Pickly said:

Getting their cap space back helps translate into Miller, Myers and Benn - that is the value we get in return for letting them go.

• Cheers 1

On 6/25/2019 at 9:23 PM, Pickly said:

Getting their cap space back helps translate into Miller, Myers and Benn - that is the value we get in return for letting them go.