The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Vegas looking to trade Nikita Gusev

He'll be expensive to trade for.. not no throw away or Goldobin value trade. 

We're talking a star player. Like Panarin. 

If there's a chance to get him JB should try his best.

I don't see it with our cap situation tho. Gusev will get 6 mill per year on short term deal before he hits UFA. I think 3 yrs.

Highly doubt he comes here.

5 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Wonder what it would take.

Baertschi + Goldobin + prospect like Brisebois if they have cap room?

Vegas has no cap room.  If they did they would just sign him.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Wonder what it would take.

Baertschi + Goldobin + prospect like Brisebois if they have cap room?

Gaudette and a 4th. 

For

Gusev and 3rd.

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

He'll be expensive to trade for.. not no throw away or Goldobin value trade. 

We're talking a star player. Like Panarin. 

If there's a chance to get him JB should try his best.

I don't see it with our cap situation tho. Gusev will get 6 mill per year on short term deal before he hits UFA. I think 3 yrs.

Highly doubt he comes here.

6mil for a guy considered to be a 3rd line player, which is where most people had him penciled in on the Vegas roster? Especially considering he has done F all in the NHL? Haven't we learned anything abut signing KHL super stars to big dollar contracts after that other Russian Vegas brought in their inaugural season? He'll get a 1 year deal in the 3-4mil range tops. Nobody would give a 27 year old that has done nothing in the NHL 3 years at 6mil per.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Have to sign boeser..... 

Annnnnnnd apparently that deal is in the neighborhood of 4-5 years. Which could be similar to Bo Horvat's deal. So, yeah........ And for all we know Gusev's asking price will go down as the offseason wears on and more and more free agents are signed....... Pretty cool finishing sentences like this.....

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

Annnnnnnd apparently that deal is in the neighborhood of 4-5 years. Which could be similar to Bo Horvat's deal. So, yeah........ And for all we know Gusev's asking price will go down as the offseason wears on and more and more free agents are signed....... Pretty cool finishing sentences like this.....

Boeser will be atleast 6.5. Then we would have enough to offer what 2 mil for gusev? Probably not enough and then we would lose motte and goldobin

9 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

He's gonna be 27 in a week. I wouldn't do more than Goldy for him tbh.

I agree. Great numbers in the KHL but so do Linden Vey and Nigel Dawes. Also, how much does he want? If he's holding out for a huge payday while never playing a shift in the NHL yet then he's a possibly a flake as well. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, rekker said:

I agree. Great numbers in the KHL but so do Linden Vey and Nigel Dawes. Also, how much does he want? If he's holding out for a huge payday while never playing a shift in the NHL yet then he's a possibly a flake as well. 

Rumor has it he wants somewhere in the 3-4 range, which is a bit ridiculous given he has done nothing at the NHL level. Hence the trade rumors surrounding him. I think as summer goes on I bet his ask goes down to the 2-3mil range on a 1 year deal. I think the trade rumors are just a bargaining move by Vegas to get him down on his asking price.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Why? He apparently wants 2 years at 2mil and we have 8.7 right now. Schaller comes off the books next summer that's 2 mil gone right there. 

He doesn’t want 2 million per year.  He wants 2 million more than what they are offering.

The reports are that he is looking for $5 million plus per year.

It would be a risk, but he could also be a good chance to be a top 6 guy.  If you could get him signed for $4 million or under, sending Virtanen to them (who is cheap) is the kind of deal you look at.  The guy hasn’t played in the NHL so his value is somewhat capped.

Edited by Provost

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

He doesn’t want 2 million per year.  He wants 2 million more than what they are offering.

The reports are that he is looking for $5 million plus per year.

It would be a risk, but he could also be a good chance to be a top 6 guy.  If you could get him signed for $4 million or under, sending Virtanen to them (who is cheap) is the kind of deal you look at.  The guy hasn’t played in the NHL so his value is somewhat capped.

Yeah I have since corrected that statement with my following statements. The articles I read say the asking price is in the 3-4mil range. Wouldn't be surprised if it was more. 

43 minutes ago, rekker said:

31 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Rumor has it he wants somewhere in the 3-4 range, which is a bit ridiculous given he has done nothing at the NHL level. Hence the trade rumors surrounding him. I think as summer goes on I bet his ask goes down to the 2-3mil range on a 1 year deal. I think the trade rumors are just a bargaining move by Vegas to get him down on his asking price.

For every one of those guys there's also an Artemi Panarin. We've seen what Vey and Dawes do on the NHL level but we never saw what Panarin did.

Of course there's risk but I think it's foolish to only give up a guy that basically doesn't add anything to the team anymore like Goldobin. There's SO MUCH potential offense that you have to give up more.

Even if it doesn't work out, I would do the same thing with a similar player 10 times out of 10. The payoff is significant that when it does work out you basically get a potentially elite player at a discount.

Edited by Grape

47 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Panarin got $3.5M when he came over. If Gusev is in the same tier, then 3-4 isn't unreasonable. It's certainly a risk though.