The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Vegas looking to trade Nikita Gusev

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

I Errikson would just do the right thing and retire we’d have lots of room for Bo’s new winger.  

You need to get it out of your head that hes going to retire or that he will be in the AHL next season.

• Cheers 1

@theo1984 I think that everyone else's definition of a prospect is someone like Jett Woo, Tyler Madden or Nils Hoglander.  

No one's looking to pickup our scraps like Palmu and Brisebois. 

37 minutes ago, Silver Ghost said:

If something like Goldobin and a 2nd can get Gusev - and a reasonable contract can be agreed to as a condition before the trade - Gusev could be a good guy to take a flier on.

Gerrard Gallant would lose the remaining amount of hair left on his head if he had to deal with Goldobins defensive game. I think it would take more than a Goldobin to acquire Gusev. More like a Gaudette.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Gerrard Gallant would lose the remaining amount of hair left on his head if he had to deal with Goldobins defensive game. I think it would take more than a Goldobin to acquire Gusev. More like a Gaudette.

Gallant might actually be able to get through to Goldobin. He is very very good at getting the most from players and hiding their deficiencies. 

As for what it would take, it really depends on Vegas' ability to sign him and their cap situation. Goldobin would be a cheaper, younger option. Gusev is still kind of sn unknown in many ways so i dont think they will get a big haul for him at this point. 

10 hours ago, EagleShield said:

Hell, Gusev would be a great sweetener for the Eriksson contact if nothing else...

So we trade for Gusev, and then trade him away with Eriksson? I'd rather just keep them both and dump cap else where.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Well he’s not wrong.

Benning likely doesn’t wanna trade any good prospects or picks now. 

So it’s either scraps or B level prospects. Or a mix of the two. Not much teams want either way.

Well as per reports that's all Vegas is going to get for him.  Certainly not any prime prospects or 1st round pick, more like a 2nd and maybe a mid/lower prospect.

21 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

We need to move out a player then go after this guy imo. Could be a nice winger for Bo's line

To me it would then be clearly a win an gamble well worth the shot ,especially if he turns out be Panerin  2.0

Edited by bobbyg43

51 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Well as per reports that's all Vegas is going to get for him.  Certainly not any prime prospects or 1st round pick, more like a 2nd and maybe a mid/lower prospect.

Benning needs to inquire for sure if its going to be inexpensive. Maybe a 2021 2nd and a guy like Goldobin.

He is not proven at the NHL level so his contraxt demands would have to be reasonable. 

Plus Benning needs to move some forwards/salary out anyway. 

20 hours ago, EP-40 said:

You need to get it out of your head that hes going to retire or that he will be in the AHL next season.

lol i can also see Benning fired before Eriksson getting sent to the AHL. Aqualini is not in the business to lose money. he already paid 3mil to play in the AHL last year.. he ain't gonna pay 6mil for eriksson to play in the AHL. yes it's only 3mil but he already paid the bonus so technically that's still 6mil he paying/paid. plus the spooner buy out etc etc. Benning is cutting into Aqualini's profit and there's no way in hell i can see him ok with paying eriksson salary to play in the AHL.

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol i can also see Benning fired before Eriksson getting sent to the AHL. Aqualini is not in the business to lose money. he already paid 3mil to play in the AHL last year.. he ain't gonna pay 6mil for eriksson to play in the AHL. yes it's only 3mil but he already paid the bonus so technically that's still 6mil he paying/paid. plus the spooner buy out etc etc. Benning is cutting into Aqualini's profit and there's no way in hell i can see him ok with paying eriksson salary to play in the AHL.

Yeah. I can't understand some of Benning's contract signings that's caused the Canucks to be in a cap crunch. Not as bad as Vegas for sure, but still, we're not a playoff contending team, and for us to be having cap issues already, that's a little crazy. 

I can't see anyone taking on Sutter before the season begins. 

I can't see anyone taking on Eriksson without the Canucks having to sweeten the deal. But with what? We already gave away our 1st round pick for JT Miller in either next year or the year after. We don't have a lot of draft capital as an organization, even though I have to admit that Benning has drafted relatively well for the Canucks over the years. 

If Benning can get Gusev from Vegas without giving them much, that'd be crazy. But he hasn't proven he could swing a deal like that in his entire tenure as GM here. So I'm not getting my hopes high that Gusev becomes a Canuck. If anything, he remains within the Golden Knights organization, and remains in the KHL. Until either Vegas can get a good deal, or they themselves move out some salary and sign Gusev and he remains a Knight. But he ain't coming in Blue and Green colours unfortunately. 

• Wat 1

12 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Unless the LE signing was pushed by the Aquilini’s because they were still trying to chase playoff revenue despite everyone screaming for a rebuild.

18 hours ago, Silver Ghost said:

Benning needs to inquire for sure if its going to be inexpensive. Maybe a 2021 2nd and a guy like Goldobin.

He is not proven at the NHL level so his contraxt demands would have to be reasonable. 

Plus Benning needs to move some forwards/salary out anyway. 

He is looking for a 4M AAV - reason why Vegas is considering moving him as they can't meet his salary demands.  They are offering 2M less.

4 hours ago, Elias_Pettersson said:

Would be nice to get another Russia to try and bring Podz and Try over quicker.

Tryamkin could be returning as soon as the end of this season as his contract would be up. No need to rush Podkolzin and his two year contract goes well in line with Pearson's contract expiring (as well as Baertschi) to open up cap room and a top 6 spot for him to slide into should he come as advertised. The cap room saved goes to EP and Hughes' extension while we have a potential top 6 guy on an ELC for 3 seasons while these guys are in their primes.

With the Ferland signing, I can't imagine us adding Gusev unless we unload some cap.