The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Sharks re-sign Kevin Labanc

15 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

Timo Meier "easily" could have got 9 mil?

He and Boeser both have 116 points and are 22, but Boeser did it in 140 games, Meier in 193.  What is Boeser worth if Meier is easily worth 9 mil?

Meier started in the bottom-6 in a checking role with no PP time - he is still only on PP2.  Boeser was always in the top-6 and on PP1.

DeBoer says you can't look at the scoresheet to measure what Meier brings.  He started slow with many calling him a bust early on.  Wilson thinks there is no telling how good he can still become.  With Pavelski gone he will get more opportunities. 

Edited by mll
  • Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Borvat said:

Well Brock - $7MM / year?   I must admit if those rumors for Boeser are accurate I think it is over payment based on the current picture across the league.  In  my opinion he shouldn't get more than Bo on a shorter term deal and I believe that is fair based on what he has done to date. 

Karlsson in Vegas is a reasonable comparison and he is a center.  Plus there are numerous deals being signed for less to proven players.  Brock does have upside - but I really don't like that $7MM + number.  If those are the numbers I would not be upset if he was dealt for the right return.  

difference with BB is in Van, he's one of the biggest fish.. 

38 minutes ago, Glug Datt said:

difference with BB is in Van, he's one of the biggest fish.. 

Totally agree but some patience may pay dividends.  There are more contracts coming out each day with lower dollar amounts to proven palyers than would have been expected.  Time may be on the Canucks side here.   I think $7MM+ per year especially on a shorter term deal is not great value in the current market.  I think the Canucks have and should use time to help them negotiate.  

Edited by Borvat
  • Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, Borvat said:

Totally agree but some patience may pay dividends.  There are more contracts coming out each day with lower dollar amounts to proven palyers than would have been expected.  Time may be on the Canucks side here.   I think $7MM+ per year especially on a shorter term deal is not great value in the current market.  I think the Canucks have and should use time to help them negotiate.  

Buffalo may experience some buyer's remorse on Mr Skinner before camp even starts.. 

Just saw this number. ABSOLUTE Bullsh*t! Would a Cdn team ever get such a sweetheart deal? There's backdoor(unreported) dealings/kickback-incentives going on here. For a 1 yr, this kid should be making 4, 5 mill.

The #riggeddeckleague gets worse with every passing day.

IF there's some shady circumventing going on, I HOPE these b*stards get hit with a slew of serious injuries.

• Like 1

Its amazing how Lebanc started on the third line this year with Joe Thornton and Marcus Sorensen and stayed there as a regular and yet got 55 points - and made his way up to the 1st powerplay unit in the playoffs.

Betting on himself and will get paid handsomely next summer.

Something is seriously wrong with this deal!! He's shown that he's no fluke based on progression in last 3 seasons. What went through his agent's head? I wonder if he was happy.

When did we ever have a young promising guy that only signed for so little $??? We tend to overpay after a couple solid seasons....

• Like 1

I appreciate the idea that this player is betting on himself but who or what convinced him to take such a roll of the dice with his future? One stay elbow, one knee to knee hit, one bolt of lightening and his career could be over. He doesn’t have all the leverage he might have next year but, wholly cow, what spell does Doug Wilson have on him to make him to agree to this contract? One mil is appropriate for a 4th line journeyman. What’s with the gift wrapping?

• Upvote 2

This signing makes complete sense if you understand the CBA, arbitration and the classifications of the different groups of free agency.

I could explain it to you guys if enough people want to know. 

But a lot of you guys also want to be jerks it's up to you guys post if you want to know

15 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

This signing makes complete sense if you understand the CBA, arbitration and the classifications of the different groups of free agency.

But a lot of you guys also want to be jerks it's up to you guys post if you want to know

I’ll bite ...... put us out of our pain! I need some closure on this!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

No actually it does not make sense. The guy had more points than guys getting 5 million.

But thanks anyway.