The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Buyout] Rangers buy out Kevin Shattenkirk

1 minute ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

I believe it is dependant on a team going to salary arbitration with one or more players.

They've settled all their outstanding arbitration cases so they are free to buy out Shattenkirk now

• Thanks 2

Wow, for the 2020-21 season his buyout hit is gonna be $6,083,333 ($1,483,333 in 2019-20, and $1,433,333 in 2021-23), according to CF. That's pretty brutal. Wonder how they'll manage that one.

I should go apply at TSN as an insider!

In the proposals forum there is a post on poaching from the rangers, i stated the rags would move a D before a russian/

On 7/24/2019 at 9:42 PM, GhostsOf1994 said:

Rangers brought in Panarin, you really think that the russians they have will be moved

Panarin, Namestnikov, Buchnevich, Kravtsov, Georgiev. Rykov, Shesterkin, Pashnin.

Rangers will move a high priced D man before any russians.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Amongst our regulars last season, he put up more points (28) and at a higher rate than anyone in our top-4 not named Edler (higher than Stecher, Hutton, Tanev).  

If it wasn't that price tag (and if we hadn't signed Myers already) he would've been a value guy who can be sheltered in an offensive role (Stecher/ Tanev take the defensive minutes), and I feel like someone would scoop him up for cheap and reap the benefits like how Dallas likely would with Perry.

Edited by Phil_314

Wow they aren’t messing around. I remember watching a segment on him right after he signed in NY. He was so pumped to be playing for his favourite team. I wonder how he feels about them now? I always wondered why he was so sought after during his last year in STL. He never dominated games like Doughty, Kieth, Karlsson or Weber would. But I guess as long as you’re reliable in your own end and hit the scoresheet 30-40 times a year, you’re gonna get paid. 

1 hour ago, Gäz said:

Wow, for the 2020-21 season his buyout hit is gonna be $6,083,333 ($1,483,333 in 2019-20, and $1,433,333 in 2021-23), according to CF. That's pretty brutal. Wonder how they'll manage that one.

Kris Krieder is allergic to ice.