The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning trying to get to "common ground" with Boeser

Rate this topic

BrockBoester

Brock stuff  

376 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, The Great Canucks said:

I didn't ignore anything. Love how you are trying to deflect, while in the process exposing yourself as another Benning hater looking for ways to take shots at him, then crying about it when called out on it.

I'm not hiding anything. So pointing out his flows makes me a hater now? You know we are allowed to criticize our gm, players, coaches etc. 

I'm not a blind follower. I will credit where it's due and call out flows. Benning has a lot more flaws than homeruns. 

You are the closet JB fanboy who gets triggered when people point out his flaws. 

13 hours ago, BrockBoester said:

I honestly can't believe there are people that think we would be fine without Boeser, lol

He's as big of a core piece as anyone else not named Pettersson, and our team would be much worse without him in the lineup.

NYI did pretty well without Tavares. If Brock wants to put himself before the team then IMO the team is better without him. If rumors are true he rejected 7mx6 he can sit. and count the money he isnt making.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

part of the reason I can see a trade being a possibility is that BB is the odd man out down the road anyway, imo.  They won't be able to keep all these young stars, at least one of them will have to go in the next 5 years I think.

yeah I don't disagree with that, if the deal is under 5 years I'd have to think he's the guy they'd be moving before Petey and Hughes, e.g. 

I'd love to see a 7 year deal for Brock but not getting my hopes up. 

2 hours ago, kacholu said:

I'm not hiding anything. So pointing out his flows makes me a hater now? You know we are allowed to criticize our gm, players, coaches etc. 

I'm not a blind follower. I will credit where it's due and call out flows. Benning has a lot more flaws than homeruns. 

You are the closet JB fanboy who gets triggered when people point out his flaws. 

I agree The Flow should be called out!

Somebody mobilize the canucks Twitter fan base. has his dog even been threatened yet? 

23 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

What, Marner got signed?  Come on Jim, get this thing done!

Also got signed for less than what he was originally offered.... (well a bit less $ and also 1 less year)

Hopefully Boeser realizes he isn't getting more than whatever the Canucks are at right now and just signs the damn contract.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, kacholu said:

brock-boeser-shirt.png

• Haha 1

Hate to say it but at this point it seems irrelevant whether he signs or not. I like him as a player and he seems like a good person off the ice, but the fact that its taking this long shows me there's something about this team/city/management that's giving him second thoughts. I would much prefer if he took a deal right away early on because at least it would show he is passionate about this city and is willing to sacrifice a little bit of money to be with an organization he desires to play for. But now I'm beginning to doubt whether he really wants to be here.

• Cheers 1

If Boeser had an injury woes in last two years and I am not satisfied that he is even worth $42 million offered by Benning.  if Boeser wants 4 years and that would put him one year before his UFA and he then can dictate his demands if he is proven player for the Canucks in 4 years but for 7 years is too much of a risk.  What if he flopped and we'd be stuck with him?  I mean, this team, overall, is not even good to begin with and Boeser is a part of that issue as well.  He is not a great skater but has a very elite wrist shots but opponents has figured him out and he struggled last season but still post a respectable number.   Best to offer him short-term contract with understanding that if he posts an elite number, then he would be offered much better contract than 42 million dollars if I were Benning.  

• Like 1
  • Wat 2

Seems to be only two options here.  Either 7 mill per isn’t enough or the term doesn’t jive.  If 7 mill isn’t enough,  I find that confusing because that’s more than great value for a slow skating scorer that can’t stay healthy in a fast skating/transition league.  Otherwise, he’s betting on himself.   If term is the issue, it proves Boeser wants to leave at the soonest opportunity if the 6 at 7 rumour is true. If he wants 4 at 7,  he wants to leave.  If that’s the case,  move him for value ASAP if you trust Benning to get appropriate value.