The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I have a feeling that Jake may be taking the hit for Loui when all is said and done, with a ticket to Utica being the reward.  Easier to bury the young guy still learning what it takes to make it in the big league (accountability and responsibility among other things) than the vet who "may" get back on track (is that an oink I hear in the sky above me?).  

• Wat 1

On 9/10/2019 at 11:53 AM, apollo said:

Sorry but can't agree with you one bit on this. There's guys that have done much more than Jay has to deserve it. Here's to hoping he actually has a good season... But so far he's done almost nothing as a Canuck. 

This is the world's most iconic sporting franchise, u can't just hand out letters. 

Bo Edler Brock Petey are guys that deserve letters. 

Homerism at its finest

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Hockey God said:

I have a feeling that Jake may be taking the hit for Loui when all is said and done, with a ticket to Utica being the reward.  Easier to bury the young guy still learning what it takes to make it in the big league (accountability and responsibility among other things) than the vet who "may" get back on track (is that an oink I hear in the sky above me?).  

No way Virtanen clears waivers.  

9 hours ago, Bure2Win said:

Still hoping Jake gets his head out of his butt one day, he has all the tools in the world but just can't seem to turn that mush between his ears into something productive...Sigh

Green is needling the guy.  Get the big guy fire up and make him work for.it.  

Alot folks jumping on Jake.  Fair enough.  Don't think for one moment he is getting waived.  

Sooner or later he could be dealt for a player in a similar situation.  Risto for JV anyone?  

36 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

Green is needling the guy.  Get the big guy fire up and make him work for.it.  

Alot folks jumping on Jake.  Fair enough.  Don't think for one moment he is getting waived.  

Sooner or later he could be dealt for a player in a similar situation.  Risto for JV anyone?  

Unless LE is going back the other way, cap says no.

I can forgive Juolevi if his knee is not ready or a set back, but Virtanen no excuses. Being close to ready means squat. Remember the Sedins at every camp up at or top of the physical preparedness. Virtanen sad to say just doesn't have the intellect to understand his position. Jake, close only counts in hand grenades  and horse shoes. Not passing the physical mean you simply didn't apply your self to the task.  There are no excuses no consolation prises like I'm close. Sad about Juolevi but this is not looking good for his long term career

• Upvote 1

I didnt see anywhere that said he didnt pass the physical.  Green set a specific individual goal for JV which he fell short of (big difference).  My work has 100% target levels and 150% bonus target level... passing the physical would be the first and Green's goal for him would be beyond that.

16 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

I can forgive Juolevi if his knee is not ready or a set back, but Virtanen no excuses. Being close to ready means squat. Remember the Sedins at every camp up at or top of the physical preparedness. Virtanen sad to say just doesn't have the intellect to understand his position. Jake, close only counts in hand grenades  and horse shoes. Not passing the physical mean you simply didn't apply your self to the task.  There are no excuses no consolation prises like I'm close. Sad about Juolevi but this is not looking good for his long term career

Is it just me or does it seem a little short sighted to have a recently cleared player coming off major knee surgery participating in a bag skate?  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Unless LE is going back the other way, cap says no.

Cap be screwed

Someone would take Sutter off our hands.  LE needs to retire or produce.  I would take either atm.  

Not advocating a deal, but having two players with the pedigree of JV and Risto, they could both use a change of scenery in some ways.  

Deals like that happen all the time.