The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 37 players - Sept. 22, 2019

51 minutes ago, Baer. said:

He gets a ring but he doesn't get his name on the cup. Rings are given out by the team so pretty much everybody in the organization gets one. When the Penguins won in 2016 they gave rings to every player that played a game and their wives.

For some reason his name is on the cup. 

20190922_111828.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

Me thinks if they would want to do that they would execute in the first three weeks of the season when he may actually have a chance of getting picked up by another team.

Agree, and if he ends up in the press box a majority of the beginning of the season, then it looks more justified

1 hour ago, SynysterGates said:

For some reason his name is on the cup. 

20190922_111828.jpg

Name on Stanley Cup - How Many Games?

There is three ways.

One game in the Finals

40 games dressed in the regular season.

Be petitioned by your team to have name on the cup.

Del Zotto must have done a great job at getting his teammates to petition to have his name on the Cup...

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Name on Stanley Cup - How Many Games?

There is three ways.

One game in the Finals

40 games dressed in the regular season.

Be petitioned by your team to have name on the cup.

Del Zotto must have done a great job at getting his teammates to petition to have his name on the Cup...

I think the right thing to do would have been to not accept it. Doesn’t deserve a spot on the cup. Guy was a cheerleader 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, xereau said:

He's made the team, 98% sure on it.

Maybe he has right now, but its really up to Green if he's worth playing over whoever else makes the team, right? I mean if he sits in the press box 4-6 out of the first 10 games, what would you do? I don't really care about the small savings on the cap we would get and I think most on here would be happy if someone claims him and we get nothing in return or he may choose to retire over going to Utica. What I care about is the development of our young talent and I don't want to waist a spot on the team for a guy were just using to plug in spots because he's under contract.

2 hours ago, brownky said:

Mike Del Zotto got a ring.

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes indeed.  Those 7 regular season games and 0 playoff games he played in were really instrumental in the Blues winning the Cup...  ;)

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Did he?  Sure he made the standard of ice time to qualify?

I saw the picture of the names that are on the cup for the 2019 Blues and Del Zotto’s name was on there. Not only did he got a ring but his name is also on the cup.

The rules are the player has to meet one of the two conditions to get his name on the cup:

1). Play 40 more more regular season games with the club

2). Play at least 1 game in the Stanley Cup Finals

If one of the conditions were met, the player’s name is automatically on the Stanley Cup.

However, there are exceptions. The maximum number of names to be inscribed on the Stanley Cup per team is 52, that includes players, coaches and managements. If after all the players, coaches, managements and other staffs name are put on the cup and there are still spots remaining, a team can request to have players who did not meet the conditions to have their name on the cup. Once approved by the league, their names could be on the cup. Del Zotto was reportedly having a great attitude in the locker-room through our the playoffs and prepared every game day like he was going to play. So the Blues rewarded him with a name on the cup.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

I saw the picture of the names that are on the cup for the 2019 Blues and Del Zotto’s name was on there. Not only did he got a ring but his name is also on the cup.

The rules are the player has to meet one of the two conditions to get his name on the cup:

1). Play 40 more more regular season games with the club

2). Play at least 1 game in the Stanley Cup Finals

If one of the conditions were met, the player’s name is automatically on the Stanley Cup.

However, there are exceptions. The maximum number of names to be inscribed on the Stanley Cup per team is 52, that includes players, coaches and managements. If after all the players, coaches, managements and other staffs name are put on the cup and there are still spots remaining, a team can request to have players who did not meet the conditions to have their name on the cup. Once approved by the league, their names could be on the cup. Del Zotto was reportedly having a great attitude in the locker-room through our the playoffs and prepared every game day like he was going to play. So the Blues rewarded him with a name on the cup.

Getting traded to a Stanley Cup contender:  $250

Playing in only 7 regular season games with new team:  $90

Not playing in any playoff games with new team:  $35

Having your name inscribed on the Stanley Cup even without meeting the minimum criteria:  Priceless

There are some things money can't buy.  For everything else there is the NHL...

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I wonder if we'll lose Boucher? Ottawa maybe. I'd be happy for him to land an NHL job somewhere. 

For selfish reasons I really hope not. He's arguably the best Comet of all-time and he's right in his prime. The other two (particularly Sautner), would be bad for Utica to lose as well, but I think it's very unlikely they'll be claimed.

• Cheers 1