The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] 9/26 Canucks vs Coyotes @ 7:00 PM

Rate this topic

HerrDrFunk

Just now, DeNiro said:

Coyotes backing off a bit with Myers, Ferland, MacEwan, and Schaller in the lineup.

Seems like their game plan was to run us over in the beginning. Seems to have changed.

Sure wish we could include Jake’s name in that group you mentioned as intimidating 

3 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

Nothing wrong... per se... but also nothing really good either. Doesn't show well when he gets benched at the start of preseason and then doesn't appear to have taken a step in his game. He needs to hustle more. Plain and simple. 

Not really benched. He’s played every pre season game. And had a pretty good period tonight but I’ll leave it at that. It won’t matter he’ll continue to have a finger pointed at him until the next guy comes around 

• Upvote 1

#HockeyGaud played his way onto this team. He was worthy before, but there's just no reason to not start him in the NHL with this preseason performance. Coaching staff and management just need to make room now, as they promised. I expect GMJB to say they made room... and explain why after some tough call.

So what about asset management? Ice the best team you can. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

There is something they say about pre season heroes. :lol:

He deserves to start with the Canucks tho. There is no rule saying he can't send him down 3 weeks from now if needed.

I keep telling myself the same thing. I agree, it's pre season, not full tine NHL opposition ... 

Tell me though do you remember his hi light reel on youtube in his Junior year at Northeastern? I was blown away. If you take a step back and forget what round he was drafted in, how he looked last year, his age... this guy could be the real deal for us. He LOVES scoring goals. He's been our best offensive player most nights.

Better than Virtanen.

Better than Goldobin.

Better then Sutter

and on and on and on. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Coyotes backing off a bit with Myers, Ferland, MacEwan, and Schaller in the lineup.

Seems like their game plan was to run us over in the beginning. Seems to have changed.

Myers laid that dude out in the corner and things kind of changed after that. You can see why when we had Tryamkin in the lineup, the team wanted him to smash a guy once in a while. It can really help a lot. Players notice that stuff. 
You have to do it though.... the days of the "Messier stare" are long gone. If you try to "look scary" you're gonna get laughed off the ice, and probably get put on your ass for good measure. 

Edited by fecklund
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Gaudette and MacEwen have made the team on my books! They show a lot of hunger! JB should be on the phone now dealing away Sutter, Virtanan or Goldobin. As for Eriksson, please waive and let him rot in Utica!!

I like your screen name. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gizmo2337 said:

#HockeyGaud played his way onto this team. He was worthy before, but there's just no reason to not start him in the NHL with this preseason performance. Coaching staff and management just need to make room now, as they promised. I expect GMJB to say they made room... and explain why after some tough call.

So what about asset management? Ice the best team you can. 

Good for Hockey Gaud.  He’s forcing JB to put his money where his mouth is.  I think Travis Green will want Gaud too.  Green deserves the best players. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Gaudette and MacEwen have made the team on my books! They show a lot of hunger! JB should be on the phone now dealing away Sutter, Virtanan or Goldobin. As for Eriksson, please waive and let him rot in Utica!!

I have Graovac way ahead of MacEwen, but agree on Gaudette.
If Gaud gets sent down I predict Vancouver burns to the ground.

• Like 1

Just now, Devron44 said:

Not really benched. He’s played every pre season game. And had a pretty good period tonight but I’ll leave it at that. It won’t matter he’ll continue to have a finger pointed at him until the next guy comes around 

Correction* I meant disciplined during training camp. I don't think it's a matter of "until the next guy comes around". It's basically until he shows some consistency with his game whether its making plays or being physical. If we make the playoffs and he shows his value as a physical presence and puck stealing abilities, all will be forgotten regardless of what he does this season.