The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Oct. 17, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

They look FAR too stationary...no movement.  Maybe swap places once or twice, but that's it.  

I don't know much about it (truth be told), but that's what it looks like to me.

Power play should mean "GO TIME" but it seems like too much "setting up"at times (which, in turn, allows the others guy to also do so).

This exactly, but that's the whole argument of having Quinn on pp1, if it's anything like 3 on 3 hes all over the ice and makes defenders move and opens up seams all over. If they are worried about defensive liability then throw another defensemen on pp1 to hold the line elder or Myers would be ideal for the heavy shots.

It's so frustrating, now that we have the peices for the PP and they still havent figured it out. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

They look FAR too stationary...no movement.  Maybe swap places once or twice, but that's it.  

I don't know much about it (truth be told), but that's what it looks like to me.

Power play should mean "GO TIME" but it seems like too much "setting up"at times (which, in turn, allows the others guy to also do so).

Yes, against a team like St. Louis it would be especially useful to use the speed of Miller, Pettersson and Hughes to get things going before they can set up their box.  Looking at the game as a fan, it seems to me that teams beat the box with speed or with flooding particular sides of the ice, neither of which this team is trying to do enough of.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I'll admit I didn't like hearing in the 3rd period just before they scored the tying goal, but when they started that 5-3 PP they had NO SHOTS yet on the PP, that's not good, something needs to change going forward.

Yea a top power play might have been able to put the game away with an opportunity like that.

Thats what they should be striving for. Getting that power play going will be key in making the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

that was the best defensive play I’ve seen from our team in 3vs3 in a long time. 

Gotta love our 3 on 3 play.

Dominated possession while getting grade A chances and backchecking hard.

Night and day from the Willie days where we’d defend in overtime. We have the speed and the killer instinct to be effective.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

exactly this. way too stagnant. blues pp had way more movement and got far better chances.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Gotta love our 3 on 3 play.

Dominated possession while getting grade A chances and backchecking hard.

Night and day from the Willie days where we’d defend in overtime. We have the speed and the killer instinct to be effective.

See that absolutely filthy steal by Brock?

• Upvote 2

I really wanna see petey shoot on the pp more hes turning into henrik on the halfwall all over again... what happened to eagle feeding him the one T from that spot? 

great game the boys were gassed by the end that st louis size on D is scary 

4 in a row keep it rolling we can potentially come home on a 7 game win streak 

• Upvote 1

Love the mental strength and resilience on this team.  To be a top team you've got to be able to rally and win when you haven't played your best.  That's exactly what happened tonight.  The leadership on this team is really deep, and goes well beyond those wearing letters.  Miller and Beagle come to mind, but Motte sets an amazing example by refusing to quit, ever.  We saw moments of this last year but it's starting to feel like the new norm now.  No more extended losing streaks, especially with the goaltending we've got. 

• Upvote 2