The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who is your all time favorite Canuck? (Poll/Discussion)

Rate this topic

J.I.A.H.N

Who is your favorite all time Canuck  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Aladeen said:

For me Linden in a heartbeat but Ohlund and Edler shouldn’t be classified as “other” over some of the others listed.

Too easy to forget a name

Great adds

I put them on the poll, along with Pat Quinn and Toni Tanti

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Thomas Gradin......Most underrated Canuck IMO and always a great playoff performer, particularly in the 1982 playoffs.Finished 4th in playoff points that year.

Pavel Bure 

Trevor Linden

Curt Fraser

Don Lever

I loved Curt Fraser's fights...……..or rather his punches

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

#10 BURE ,best player we ever had.HALL OF FAME CALIBER.

Mr. Bure was just so electric and exciting, also it is one thing to be fast but to take the puck with you at high speed is very special and gets the fans out of their seats,

that was Pavel Bure our one and only and I never use this tem lightly "SUPERSTAR".

Please don't get me wrong "THE SEDINS" are also SUPERSTARS..but Pavel was really special because our team never had that caliber of player before.

Edited by DADDYROCK

Beast Mode Kes was amazing, the edge that he showed in his prime was invaluable and he's shown that he was a difference maker in various ways.

Juice for his passion and humor, combined with his on-ice leadership and quality of play.
Hammer's also been a guy I look up to, quietly did his thing on ice with excellence and class.

Same goes for Bobby Lu, loyal soldier to the end even when his team let him down.  

Skill wise Pete and Bure, electrifying game breakers each in their own era.

Its a no brainer for me

Burrows is my last name, I was born on the 14th

and Alex Burrows is a freakin work horse. 

Tenacious, determined and 100% backed himself to get to the big show and when he did he did not disappoint.

The fact he would bleed for the team, be its leading goal scorer one season and still stay humble makes me admire him more.

Honourable mention Gino. Wow what a beast! Fun to watch, the opposing teams must have really been concerned on some nights.

• Like 1

I became a Canuck in 1994 during the SC-Final (highlights in german TV) and #16 was just impressive. My all time favourite!

But it's always hard to say all time favourite. Take a look over the last 3 decades.

We've got the team of 1994, the WCE, the twins, team of 2011 and now the young guns. :wub:

• Cheers 1

Bure. And for me it’s not even close. 

I played too much in the 70s and as a result I didn’t have much interest in just watching so can’t speak to that era. And even the 80s we actually didn’t many games on TV. 

But Bure - good god. What a treat. Sure there were great leaders, fighters, leaders, characters - and I loved many of them. But to people that never saw Bure, there is no way to explain it. Every. Single. Shift - you were almost giddy in anticipation of what the hell he just might pull off - and so often he did. Was truly mesmerizing and to this day I have seen no other come close in the entire league. When he was injured I often just found the games boring, even when we were winning. Yes, we were spoiled. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

With the current core, it's hard to say between Brock, Bo, Petey and Hughes.

Sedins, Luongo, Burrows, Kesler, Bieksa, Naslund, Bertuzzi all have a place up there.

Even guys like Salo, Ohlund, Mitchell, Jovanovski, Edler.

But all time it has to be Pavel Bure, hands down.

Why? Because he's scored countless highlight reel goals. I'm a big fan of these things.

EqualSnivelingFish-size_restricted.gif

Also,

Spoiler

Why isn't Cam Neely on the list?

:bigblush:

Edited by BrockBoester