The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Okay, Save the Laffs..PLEASE!

Rate this topic

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe the Loser Leafs should put more Baby Buds into their lineup?  Those guys will actually give an effort during the game, unlike the Loser Leafs who are more interested in the effort given to how they look walking into the arena.  

They don't have much of anything on the farm that's of any use.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

They don't have much of anything on the farm that's of any use.

Dubas, in a very short time, pretty much ruined what Lou Lam was building.  Thank God Sham-a-plan forced out Lou in favour of a Dumb-ass!  :towel:

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Maddogy said:

I am very surprised with all the financial resources the Leafs did not hire psychologists and hypnotists to rewire their players' brains. The players are clearly suffering from PTSD.

Ya.  Paid Too (much by) Stupid Dubas.  :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

I am very surprised with all the financial resources the Leafs did not hire psychologists and hypnotists to rewire their players' brains. The players are clearly suffering from PTSD.

They should start by replacing Dubas with a GM who has a functioning brain.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

Penguins missing Crosby, Maulkin, Rust, Letang and Carter.

And still pounded Leafs 7 to 1

Omg!  I didn’t know that.  Holy crap the Loser Leafs got seriously embarrassed.  Their loser fans must be embarrassed too.  Loser team, loser city, and loser fans.  Loser Leafs are losers!  Yes, I’m drinking! 

Edited by Alflives

4 hours ago, Maddogy said:

But they did......

https://www.tsn.ca/new-peak-performance-coach-helps-leafs-sharpen-mental-game-1.1699660

Players, coaches and management bemoaned a lack of killer instinct following Toronto's playoff collapse against Montreal last season. Enter Greg Harden. The life coach, motivational speaker and executive consultant has been added to the Leafs staff as a peak performance coach. 

General manager Kyle Dubas says Harden will help everyone in the organization "be at their best in moments when pressure comes."

Harden started working at the University of Michigan in 1986 as a student-athlete counsellor. Legendary football coach Bo Schembechler initially brought him in after hearing about the work Harden was doing in the community. Since then, Harden has mentored star athletes like Tom Brady, Desmond Howard, Jalen Rose and Michael Phelps.

"You don't really hire somebody like Greg Harden," head coach Sheldon Keefe noted. "He decides whether or not he wants to come work with you and we were fortunate he decided to join us." 

After 34 years at Michigan where he served as associate athletic director and director of athletic counselling, Harden retired last year. 

"He's got great experience and comes in with a fresh voice, fresh set of eyes in terms of what's happening here," said Keefe. "He's a guy who will take his time to build relationships and let players know what he's about and how he can help. It's not just players, it's coaches as well, and all departments in our organization. He'll be in and out of town and he's a resource for everybody. Even from a distance, he's somebody that I can talk to or players can talk to."

Harden has already made an impact on Leafs captain John Tavares, who experienced a traumatic injury in last year's playoffs. 

"Greg's been great in my recovery and getting back going here and my frame of mind," Tavares revealed. "He has a tremendous background and expertise. He's had a lot of success with a lot of teams and a lot of players, many different sports, many different levels, so looking forward to his insight and how he can better us as people and a group." 

This will be a challenging season for the Leafs, who are looking to exorcise playoff demons while the pandemic rages on and the NHL returns to a gruelling 82-game schedule. Harden will be a big help.

"He's a straight shooter," said veteran forward Jason Spezza. "There's not a lot of beating around the bush. He's very direct and I enjoy talking to people like that. He can help us work through some of the sludge of the season that you get stuck in."

Harden's favourite phrase is: "Control the controllables." He has those words on his desk in a frame. 

"As a player, you know, sometimes you get in your own mind," said gritty winger Wayne Simmonds, "and sometimes it's hard to get yourself out of it. When you have a professional helping you navigate the way through the mental game, it makes it easier."

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Omg!  I didn’t know that.  Holy crap the Loser Leafs got seriously embarrassed.  Their loser fans must be embarrassed too.  Loser team, loser city, and loser fans.  Loser Leafs are losers!  Yes, I’m drinking! 

you drinking changes none of the truths you speak.

The Leafs have taken steps to save themselves. This "All or Nothing" video is like Hernan Cortez burning his boats so that his army couldn't flee. They were forced to "conquer or die".  At the moment, it appears that the latter option is trending with the Leafs' players.

regards,  G.

• Cheers 1