The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Okay, Save the Laffs..PLEASE!

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

The Leafs have taken steps to save themselves. This "All or Nothing" video is like Hernan Cortez burning his boats so that his army couldn't flee. They were forced to "conquer or die".  At the moment, it appears that the latter option is trending with the Leafs' players.

regards,  G.

Most fitting moment in that whole video?

1B5C5B87-0E9F-4BCC-AEC4-3C94563DE415.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Most fitting moment in that whole video?

1B5C5B87-0E9F-4BCC-AEC4-3C94563DE415.png

Yup. I left it unannounced as an Easter egg for those who watched the entire trailer.  :)

regards,  G.

• 4 months later...

HAD to bump an old classic :^)

3/4's into the campaign, just to realize yer 'tending's a Dawg's breaky?! In Fall, 2019 created this thread to criticize their cap allocation/team composition. Seems like it's only gotten worse!

How in the world does KD still have his gig???

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2019 at 2:18 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

Wadr to the Laff fans on this board, starting this thread to get out ahead of the coming panic. No prob if you disagree with the main premise. Not starting this topic to incite a war. Just calling/predicting it as it appears. I'll number the main points, for ease of context/replies.

1- Leafs are a precarious Jenga tower, sure to topple over. It's that simple. They were constructed incredibly poorly. "We can, & we will!" Quotes like these are the cringe-worthy statements of an inexperienced GM, who loused this mess to apocalyptic proportions. I'll go into further detail on this assertion, should this thread have legs.

2- They're our polar-opposite. Find this interesting. On their HFBoard page, even their fans admit their key parts/youth are mostly unlikeable. Think back to early JB quotes, where he stated Van's emphasis on "character" in acquiring/drafting young assets. How respectable vets like the twins showed our youth how to carry themselves. JB was often mocked(at that other site) for this priority. Hmm..wonder if they're still laughing at this declaration?

3- Is there a 'Guilty conscience' at play here? ..they blatantly, openly tanked, with self-promotion from their wh*ring media. If an NHL franchise behaved like the Clinton political dynasty..they'd be IT! What was a proud, lasting tradition(The House that Smythe Built"), yada yada..had been reduced to the psychological rubble of a FLEA market, ragged tent.

4- So please..school Dubas, eh? All you aspiring GM's out there..put yer $ where your mouth is! What move(s) would you execute, in order to save this pile of mulch? Pretend you really LIKE this outfit, & want to extinguish the 1967 ghosts. Turn their ship around(despite striking the berg). Appreciating it's merely theoretical, it's sometimes interesting to look back on these things..(eg: "I said Dubas SHOULD do this, but he did that!" etc...)

5- Predictions: Leafs make PO's..Y/N?

7- Does Babcock last the season?

8- Does Dubas make it to next season? (I'll add answers in a bit)

Some might play shoot the messenger here(fine, have thick skin!)..but we've all had to endure their ubiquitous, pontifacting media-storm/blather for far too long. The Christian thing is to share with these wayward souls about the path to tread(said he, tongue in cheek)...

Dubas is a dumbass... Laff's deserve him!!

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 1:55 PM, Slegr said:

I heard that the Leafs have never played in June. Like ever. Let that sink in!

You mean they won't from here on in? One can hope, bet the center of the universe is losing it's sh_t right about now! ;)

Edited by iceman64

28 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

You mean they won't from here on in? One can hope, bet the center of the universe is losing it's sh_t right about now! ;)

I have a buddy in Toronto, he says the rumblings are (and still a bit out) that Matthews is not a lock to re-sign with the leafs. That he's seems to be very apathetic - he competes hard but doesn't bleed blue and white like say Marner or Tavares. The thoughts are he won't go to Az but may want to be on a big US stage like NYC or LA...Given he grew up in AZ, perhaps he's not a fan of the cold (so maybe LA/Florida etc)...Anyways, that would be a very interesting outcome....

• Thanks 1