The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Florida Panthers | October 28th, 7:00pm PT | SNP, SN650 | 2019 Halloween Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

Panthers @ Canucks  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the game?

• Vancouver Canucks
    • Florida Panthers
  2. 2. How many goals will the Vancouver Canucks score?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7+ :)
  3. 3. How many goals will the Florida Panthers score?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7+ :(
  4. 4. Trick or treat?

• Trick!
    • Treat!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/29/2019 at 02:00 AM

4 minutes ago, gameburn said:

If Eriksson plays well, then he might stay in the lineup.  Which to most of us is terrible.  

It is terrible because other players we see more value/future in are not going to be able to play because Loui is in the way.

Reminds me of the academic world I used to know well: the old guys with tenure are sometimes the worst deadwood in the place.  Not always, but often enough.

There are positives to both sides  of this. If he manages to stay in the lineup, maybe he doesn't clear waivers if that's the end goal, net positive. If he stays in the lineup and plays well, no ones going to have a problem with a player contributing at a high level, net positive. I think whether or not he plays well, he is just a fill for AG. I for one hope hope for both, hard decisions are beneficial to the team... I think at this point though he would only be playing for himself, the writing is on the wall..

I sure hope he doesn't get a LE hat trick though, that's for sure... :bigblush:

5 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

So you're saying that if Eriksson plays well and gets his trade value up so that we can trade him later, that's a bad thing because we want to see Gaudette in the lineup instead?  Wouldn't it be more beneficial if we can move out Eriksson (and get a better return) and have Gaudette develop in the minors? I see that as more of a win/win situation then having Eriksson just sitting on the bench having a 6 mill cap hit.

If I thought there was any way in the world that his trade value could be increased enough to make him tradeable I'd be with you completely. 

The problem is the amount of money he's paid, plain and simple.  We waived Baertschi, twice the player Eriksson is.  If LE were making the league minimum we could waive him and someone might pick him up.  I still don't think we'd keep him at that salary though. Or even at Baertschi's cap hit.  

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

If Erikksson plays well enough to stay in the lineup, that is like a free asset. I am gonna try to be positive about it lol.

I think your attitude is healthier.

Re: health though: if you are choking on the most valuable gold coin in the world, it's still choking.

To me, that's what LE is. 

8 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

So you're saying that if Eriksson plays well and gets his trade value up so that we can trade him later, that's a bad thing because we want to see Gaudette in the lineup instead?  Wouldn't it be more beneficial if we can move out Eriksson (and get a better return) and have Gaudette develop in the minors? I see that as more of a win/win situation then having Eriksson just sitting on the bench having a 6 mill cap hit.

Hope he doesn't get replaced in 1 game if he doesn't get noticed on the fourth line in his first game back after 9.

Regardless of his salary, etc, etc.... he deserves at least a few games if he plays like he did in the preseason.

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in warm-up:

Pearson-Horvat(C)-Virtanen
Miller-Pettersson-Boeser 
Ferland-Sutter(A)-Leivo
Schaller-Beagle-Eriksson

Edler-Myers
Hughes-Tanev(A)
Benn-Stecher

Demko

Disappointed to see Gaudette in the press box, but not surprised...

7 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Disappointed to see Gaudette in the press box, but not surprised...

Did AG even played a game with the Comets? I thought he was sent down to play, but then brought right back up only to return to the press box...

• Upvote 1