The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Florida Panthers | October 28th, 7:00pm PT | SNP, SN650 | 2019 Halloween Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

Panthers @ Canucks  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the game?

• Vancouver Canucks
    • Florida Panthers
  2. 2. How many goals will the Vancouver Canucks score?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7+ :)
  3. 3. How many goals will the Florida Panthers score?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7+ :(
  4. 4. Trick or treat?

• Trick!
    • Treat!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/29/2019 at 02:00 AM

32 minutes ago, KeslerWho? said:

Is Loui playing on the 3rd or 4th line? I don't think he has the speed or tenacity to keep up with Beagle and Schaller on the 4th 

I agree but wouldn't be surprised if Loui surprises tonight.

If he's ever had something to prove it's right now. Let's see it Loui.  

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, AllWeatherFan said:

I agree but wouldn't be surprised if Loui surprises tonight.

If he's ever had something to prove it's right now. Let's see it Loui.  

I think he fits best on the 3rd line bumping Leivo down to the forth, but he he starts on the fourth, gets a  hatty and then moves up .:)

Pearson- Sutter- Loui

Schaller- Beagle - Leivo

Sounds like Demko is starting to let Markstrom "reset" ... I think it's a bad call by Green to do this.  If Markstrom is a true starter and top tier goaltender, he should be right back in there the next game.  Who cares if he let in 4 goals in the 3rd against the Caps... today is a new day and a new game.

If anything, this move probably shows a reduction of confidence by the coach in his starting goalie... that can't be a positive to anyone in this situation...

Edited by HKSR
  • Wat 2

Man, real glad to see Loui given the chance to be back in the lineup. Honestly feel bad for him since the beginning, its just a tough situation all in all. I have faith he'll have a good game today and prove himself worthy. Just needs to get his confidence back. Guy needs it. Surprise us Loui! 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Tystick said:

Hoping Eriksson took this as a wake up call and is ready to play.

I'm sure there are some out there expecting him to get a hat trick, two fights and surpass his three hits from last season all tonight or they're ready to ream him out.

23 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

I think he fits best on the 3rd line bumping Leivo down to the forth, but he he starts on the fourth, gets a  hatty and then moves up .:)

Pearson- Sutter- Loui

Schaller- Beagle - Leivo

If they want to "replace" Motte with a similar player, they might just have to "bump down" Virtanen. I wouldn't call it a demotion for Virt as we trust that 4th line. I don't think LE or Leivo fit that 4th line IMO. Depends if they want to keep the chemistry with Virtanen on Horvat's wing right now.

8 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I'm sure there are some out there expecting him to get a hat trick, two fights and surpass his three hits from last season all tonight or they're ready to ream him out.

Geez....are you Loui's wife by any chance?  You seem to be very protective of "Little Things" Loui Erikksson in the thread today.

::D

31 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Sounds like Demko is starting to let Markstrom "reset" ... I think it's a bad call by Green to do this.  If Markstrom is a true starter and top tier goaltender, he should be right back in there the next game.  Who cares if he let in 4 goals in the 3rd against the Caps... today is a new day and a new game.

If anything, this move probably shows a reduction of confidence by the coach in his starting goalie... that can't be a positive to anyone in this situation...

Marty has reportedly had a tough couple of weeks with personal challenges, flown halfway around the world to deal with them, and likely needs the time to work and reset as TG stated

TD has earned the trust playing great not to mention there’s a need to manage Marky’s workload over the whole season.

Doubt Marky’s as fragile as you imply and also doubt that playing Demmer means a ‘reduction’ in confidence - lol - 

I

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Could be, or maybe he had planned to start Demko tonight anyway.. Marky always wins his bounce back games, should ring true next time he starts.

• Upvote 1