The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Florida Panthers | October 28th, 7:00pm PT | SNP, SN650 | 2019 Halloween Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

Panthers @ Canucks  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the game?

• Vancouver Canucks
    • Florida Panthers
  2. 2. How many goals will the Vancouver Canucks score?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7+ :)
  3. 3. How many goals will the Florida Panthers score?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7+ :(
  4. 4. Trick or treat?

• Trick!
    • Treat!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/29/2019 at 02:00 AM

5 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Those twitter posts. Did not want to repost the whole barrage to ask a question.

What was the black gear and Nov 16th reference? 

I believe it was the Canucks wearing the old skate jersey in practice.  I think they're wearing those uniforms on the 16th.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

PREGAME | Loui Eriksson

Say what you will about Loui?

Look at him. He is ripped, fit! 

Roger a few posts back made a great comment. He's no longer getting caught up saying the wrong things. He's saying the right things. As is the coach about him?

He's a Canuck. I am going to support him as well...

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"It's been good. He's been a consummate pro. He's working hard. I think with young guys it can affect them a lot more than an older guy, a guy that's been around. You know as a coach he'll give you his best when he gets in." - Green on Eriksson

"I think he has been playing better hockey. More energetic, looking more comfortable. Bit more rambunctious I'd like to call it... I like Ferly. We're going to need this guy... certain types of games he'll be a big part of our team." - Green on Ferland

"We have a lot of belief in Demmer. I think he's a really good goalie... I think right now it's good to get Marky a couple days off and get him reset. I've had confidence in Demmer since the first day he's been here." - Green on Demko

I take a lot of confidence in Green in how he is handling the goalies. 

Marky came back from (Sweden? was he back home?) his personal time. Thre him right back in.  He played well? Gave him a second game!

Had a bit of less effective game against Washington.  Was asked about that by a reporter? No, its more about where he is at ''physically, mentally. We're going to give him a bit of a reset!'' And ''I have a lot of xonfidence in Demmer!''

Demko also has been playing well. Without throwing Demko under the bus, they are rewarding guys, creating opportunities for guys to be rewarded!

Well done Green! 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Contract and performance issues aside, I watch this interview and I can’t help but feel for the guy. He’s performed at a high level his whole life and now time is catching up to him, as it does with us all. 

Sure some of the jokes about his play can be pretty funny sometimes,  but he is still a human being going through a tough time. Money does not make you exempt from feeling. 

Eventually the issue will be sorted out either through trade or through waiting out his contract. In the meantime I’m going to support him and wish the best for him because like it or not, for better or worse, he is a Canuck and a human being.

He seems like a good guy and I wish him the best and hope he does well tonight. 

Go Canucks Go! :canucks:

Well said

Go canucks go

• Cheers 1

REFEREES

Brad Meier #34
BM34.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=120,120
Reid Anderson #49
RA49.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=120,120
Games 18-19 60 30
Career RS Games 1283 31
First NHL Game 10/23/99 3/21/18
Birthplace Dayton, OH Calgary, AB

LINESMEN

Brandon Gawryletz #64
BG64.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=120,120
Trent Knorr #63
TK63.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=120,120
Games 18-19 75 75
Career RS Games 267 367
First NHL Game 10/14/15 11/13/13
Birthplace Trail, BC Powell River, BC
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

And he's been sitting most of the season, so what's the problem? As just posted, Green has called him a consummate pro, so he's done what he needs to earn this game. I guarantee that we are going to hear all night about every possible negative thing that can be pointed out for him though.

The point isn't about Brock, it could be any other player that isn't hated where said player could cause a bad turnover or something, but if LE does it, it'll be talked about for days. Almost as if people are tracking the bad things he does. This was done with Sutter and now he's been shutting people up. We've been hearing it about Schaller and he's been shutting people up. I guess it's up to LE to shut people up, but he has a much higher mountain to climb.

good he should of sat , the problem ? his lack of effort for 3 years is the problem , green said he is a pro  I sure hope green said that  because what else is green going to say ? lol    ,  the point isn't about brock  , you used it as an example  saying if brock makes a mistake it isn't amplified like loui  same mistake is  and again  it is because of loui.s effort level , like both green and benning have said over and over , players are not handed ice time every thing is earned ,, we will see if loui can climb out his hole he dug for himself , fans are not stupid  we can tell the difference between a sutter who had injury problems and is back in form to schaller that put in the work and is vastly improved and loui that has shown lil to no effort in 3 years  

5 hours ago, Duodenum said:

I think so, the psychic ball can get a little fuzzy from time to time. 

This is what I see:

image.png.3e1cef863c6dc8ad69e686f38650be2b.png

$&!#, I think it's on our own goal. 

The “pass heard around Rogers arena” for his six year contract. :P 

• Like 1

Gameday, Not sure if i can call panthers favs, they have been pretty average. Nucks played well against caps and now its time to get back to winning again. No matheson so no cheap shots from behind i hope. If so then Peteys line should have some halloween fun and get some points. 

nucks win 5-2, brock 2, petey 1, Virtanen, Edler with the goals. Huggy bear with 2 assists. 

So... Matheson isn't playing?

I think i know why, same reason Erne was *inuured*

Testicular retraction is a condition in which a testicle descends normally into the scrotum, but can be pulled up with an involuntary muscle contraction into the groin.

This condition is different from undescended testicles, which occurs when one or both of the testicles have not lowered into the scrotum permanently.

Testicular retraction is more common among young boys, affecting about 80 percent of testesin boys ages 1 to 11. It tends to resolve itself by puberty.

In about 5 percent of boys with testicular retraction, the affected testicle stays in the groin and no longer moves. At that point, the condition is called an ascending testicle or an acquired undescended testicle.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, the grinder said:

good he should of sat , the problem ? his lack of effort for 3 years is the problem , green said he is a pro  I sure hope green said that  because what else is green going to say ? lol    ,  the point isn't about brock  , you used it as an example  saying if brock makes a mistake it isn't amplified like loui  same mistake is  and again  it is because of loui.s effort level , like both green and benning have said over and over , players are not handed ice time every thing is earned ,, we will see if loui can climb out his hole he dug for himself , fans are not stupid  we can tell the difference between a sutter who had injury problems and is back in form to schaller that put in the work and is vastly improved and loui that has shown lil to no effort in 3 years  

I disagree for some so called ones.

I used Brock as a random picked name of someone that is well liked and will have gaffes overlooked because he is deemed better, but you can pick any other example that you feel fits better, doesn't matter to me because that's not the point. LE will not get the same luxury.

So you don't like what Green had to say about LE, so he must be lying? LE is saying the right things now about working hard and keeping in shape and being ready to go, but I guess LE has no effort, so he must be lying too. You can choose to believe what you want to believe (I disagree that he hasn't been putting in any effort the last 3 season, do I want him to produce more offensively? Sure but that's not what is being discussed here) or you can support our players.

Schaller hasn't vastly improved. He actually played well down the stretch last season and carried it through to this year. Many just overlooked it and I am victim of that as well. It made sense the day he made the opening roster. But this is an example of people sometimes getting caught with blinders on and many fall victim to it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

So... Matheson isn't playing?

I think i know why, same reason Erne was *inuured*

Testicular retraction is a condition in which a testicle descends normally into the scrotum, but can be pulled up with an involuntary muscle contraction into the groin.

This condition is different from undescended testicles, which occurs when one or both of the testicles have not lowered into the scrotum permanently.

Testicular retraction is more common among young boys, affecting about 80 percent of testesin boys ages 1 to 11. It tends to resolve itself by puberty.

In about 5 percent of boys with testicular retraction, the affected testicle stays in the groin and no longer moves. At that point, the condition is called an ascending testicle or an acquired undescended testicle.

Assuming he had any

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Conscience said:

Then why was he sent down in the first place, an extra week up here is not going to make a difference, Im sure he isn’t hurting for money either. 

Well...that’s a maybe.  These guys aren’t getting a law degree or establishing themselves with a government or good private sector job.   Instead they are devoting their lives to hockey and have to pay rent in two places (Vancouver and Utica).  It’s not that easy - 70k in Vancouver doesn’t get you much - not too bad given the exchange but the career earnings are entirely dependent on making the NHL.   Won’t do too bad as a semi-pro either - but unless they get two or three years at base salary or a little better in the NHL and are very good with that money it’s not enough to sit on your laurels once your career is over (dont forget the tax man and agents take half of you make 500k plus).  A lot of hockey players don’t make it, way more then do/ and those guys need to change things up when it’s over.   Met a guy that played a dozen games for Detroit in the 90’s in a industrial first aid course.  He was 30 and all he knew was hockey- and was having to start all over again with aspirations to become an ambulance driver - the memories probably were worth it though.  Sure AG will be fine. But Lind and JG could end up on the exact same route .... these guys sacrifice their 20’s to make a go of it, and most don’t make it. 

• Cheers 1